1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bosh admits he was going to leave Miami

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TheRealAllpro, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

^^^^
    ^This^
    ^^^^

Seriously folx . . . .it is 30+ Million Extra
    Take what the Rockets was offer . .. then add a THIRD . .then add some more

Rocket River

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

highest paid player in the NBA money

Rocket River

3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

it's really weird that people take Bosh as an example of FA don't want to play for Morey, Houston, Les, McHale etc.

In reality it was pretty much down to us and Miami and leaning towards us until Miami offered a lot more money than we could have offered. Why would anyone who has just won 2 rings and has already taken a pay cut 4 years ago not take more money at his age, when this is probably his last max contract.

In that scenario the only reason someone would take less money for Houston is if they are so desperate for a ring, which Bosh isn't at all.

4. hooroo

hooroo Member

The Rockets were only leverage for Bosh's camp.

5. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

I doubt that a single person here would have made a different decision given the money difference.

6. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

7. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

No. He said he was close, not that he was going to leave like you or the OP suggest. The Miami offer was predictable and not ridiculous.

8. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Could have been part of a contender and ended up with more rings in his career than Lebron James.

You can't blame someone for their choices, but it was IMO a stupid decision for a basketball player to make at this stage in their career. I have literally zero respect for someone who doesn't respect their craft enough to want to be the best at it for as long as they are doing it.

I've broken down the numbers before, and I would venture to say that anyone who is passionate about their craft would take a 20% pay cut to be at the peak of their craft in their home state vs being 20% richer in Miami and virtually certain not to win any more titles.

The Heat are not going to be able to upgrade this roster significantly again - they ducked under the luxury tax with Lebron James in their pocket and a dynasty in the making. They can not beat any top 3 team in the West, and seems unlikely they would beat the Cavs.

He knows what he did. He took the comfortable option, and our team does not need a $20m/season player who just started valuing a superficial lifestyle over more rings. I was rooting hard to get him, but frankly I was under the impression he would be raring to prove that he can win without James and that he is motivated to show that he is one of the most successful players of this generation.

I was wrong and I predict that he will regret this decision greatly when he is retired, ESPECIALLY if we continue to climb towards contender status.

9. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

Of course it was predictable despite no one predicting it, like everything else in hindsight. Funny how that works.

10. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

This notion that the rockets are always used as leverage needs to stop. Miami offered more money because they didn't want to be irrelevant. End of story

11. "Snosrap

"Snosrap Member

Bosh is $uch an @$$

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Bi curious mother****er.

13. LandryFields

LandryFields Member

This. The title of this thread is pretty misleading. He wasn't going to leave Miami, he was just considering offers from other teams at a time of confusion.

14. sutton

sutton Member

What else he would say, "I played the Rockets on purpose"?

15. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

If rings were all that mattered, then the Rockets were a better choice. But I can't blame Bosh for staying in Miami. Even if the 4-year deal here matched what he would've made with the Heat, that 5th year and 30 extra mil was hard to walk away from. Even if he'd reupped with the Rockets or signed someplace else come 2018, he would've likely made around 10 mil at best at that point in his career. Turning down 20+ mil is tough for anyone to do. Especially when you and your family are happy where you are, you already have 2 rings, and with all due respect, the Rockets even with a starting five including Bosh and Parsons would be anything but a lock for a title given their track record since 1997.

16. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Did anyone else think what I was thinking once they saw "Bosh admits"?

17. i3artow i3aller

Tri-curious.
    He's a dino after all.
    Forgot about interspecies erotica.

18. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I blame Lil Wayne... all that talk in Houston about banging Chris' wife must of scared him away.

19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Nobody thought that which is why Morey went all in for Bosh

20. cebu

cebu Member