1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chad Ford's 2015 Mock Draft

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by mhch720, Aug 4, 2014.

1. CertifiedTroll

Ok, I would take D'Angelo Russell first.. :p

2. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Welp, this just became relevant again.

I don't think Morey will use this pick, but if he does, can I cast a vote for Devin Booker.

Sharpshooter at 45% from deep and more importantly, over 80 % from the free throw line as a youngster in college.

I would keep my eye on a guy like this as the Rockets need some more youth in the backcourt.

3. CertifiedTroll

I worry about him not being athletic enough, that being said I could agree to Booker.

4. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

What do people think about Delon Wright?

5. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

I'll take okafor pls

6. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

Very interesting player, and I would use the NY second round pick on him.

7. Zbed

Zbed Member

We definitely should try to trade up for D'Angelo Russell now that kid can take some pressure off of Harden.

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Definitely want to get Dakari Johnson wherever we can. Will be an absolute beast.

9. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

We haven't assets to trade D'Angelo Russell
    The team will only trade D'Angelo Russell for Harden

10. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

I like Justin Anderson from Virginia.

6'7" 220 with a 6'11" wingspan. Athletic, strong, already a good defender, left handed. Still raw but the tools to build on are there.

1 person likes this.
  11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I don't follow college all that much, so I want to ask is there a TJ Warren caliber scorer who also happens to be a pretty good defender, around where the Rockets will pick?

12. ch44

ch44 Member

That's not true.

Rajon Rondo had 86 steals in 34 games his freshman season. That is 2.53 per game. Nerlens had totaled 50 steals in 24 games, which is 2.08 per game. He would have had to play in 42 games at that rate to break the record, which wasn't possible.

He was closer catching up with Davis, but it was still highly unlikely. Anthony Davis had 186 blocks in 40 games (4.65 per game). Nerlens Noel had 106 blocks in 42 games (4.42 per game). He would have had to play in 43 games to break the record, which again wasn't possible.

13. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Still don't believe Okafor will be the next big thing.

14. The Stig

The Stig Member

Myles Turner for BPA or Cauley-Stein/Harrell for needs. Think Cauley-Stein/Harrell can fill in nicely at the backup 5, giving Dwight his needed time off should this knee thing flare up again this season. Capela will have one year of development under his belt, so I expect him to gradually get minutes next year.

I really like Myles Turner and was bummed out when he chose UT over SMU. He could've had Emmanuel stay and we be even better right now. Oh well.

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Karl Towns is my #1 this year.

16. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

Name me some other 7 footers with hands, feet and low post skills like Okafor.

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

There are a lot of great C prospects this year...Cauley-Stein, Porzingis, Towns, Turner,...And many big PFs with huge upside.

Okafor may be the most skilled right now, but the other guys are young and have lots of time to develop.

18. Convictedstupid

Really want the rockets to somehow get Kristaps Porzingis. Think he will be special.

19. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I agree, I think I mentioned something earlier in this thread.

I honestly don't watch enough (if barely any) college ball to tell you that.

I agree.

From my inference of how drafts have gone while I have paid attention, usually the more "Polished" guys are less likely to achieve on the next level such as the NBA while the more "Raw" players who need work tend to become the better players. I feel that's the case since the more polished players are successful because they have developed skills already, while the more raw players are still playing and being successful without having those same skill sets and are probably worth a bit more to invest in.

I don't believe Okafor has absolutely dominated the college game, and perhaps it's because of minutes or an overstacked team or something like that. I don't know. But it's clear his skill set is a lot more polished than most. This leaves (in my mind) less room for improvement since he's found success in his ways already, as opposed to working on his game to adjust to the NBA level.

Then again, I'm no NBA scout, and I'm talking out of my arse, so Okafor might actually be the next big thing to come out from the draft. I don't see Boogie in this kid though, I see more of a Sullinger/May. That's just my 2 cents.