1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets games on Comcast Sportsnet for DTV

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JBIIRockets, Sep 26, 2012.

1. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Hey guys,

Are we looking at another Longhorn Network situation where people who have DTV, or Uverse, or Dish, won't be able to to get Rockets games?

What's the latest? I can't find anything.

2. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

the guy who runs the Comcast station spoke to the STH gathering/Marketing Announcment last night

He mentioned the obvious, Comcast is getting it, along with 2 local cable carriers, can't remember the first, but the other is Entouch, which I am REALLY surprised since everybody I've heard who has it, hates it.

He mentioned they're still in "negotiations" with the Dish Network/Direct TV, no mention of U-Verse. If I'd had to bet my money on it, they'd have an agreement by the start of the airing, or at least before the first preseason game (10/10). They mentioned its going to be on the air 10/1 at 5pm.

for the curious, I snapshot this pic outside their studios in the Pavillions, pretty impressed.

[​IMG]

3. SaoPaolo

SaoPaolo Member

wow

nice pic

wish be a season holder...:(

4. Convictedstupid

What about suddenlink?

5. jocar

jocar Member

6. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

I'm already pissed at dish for dropping AMC,if they fail to come to agreement with Comcast,I'll drop them like a hot potato :mad:

7. Dave2000

that might be the other one he mentioned, I thought it was Century Link, but they're an ISP that bundles their service with Direct TV.

#7 Dave2000, Sep 26, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
  8. Audioout

Audioout Member

God, I hope they said Suddenlink.

9. Dave2000

If you go to majority of games anyway, its well worth it, even if its the cheap ones starting out at like less than $400 for the preseason/regular season. I've been one since '06 when I had a pay bump from my previous job and haven't looked back. My goal is to eventually get tickets in the lower bowl, hopefully my next job will include a good enough pay bump to get them.

10. Rockets_Truth

Rockets_Truth Contributing Member

Damn I just got Dish Network installed with sports multipack all because I wanted to watch the rockets new season on fox sports southwest, and now I hear this. :(

11. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

lol this was announced 2 years ago..

12. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Any mention of Phonoscope?

I'm not really worried... I can't imagine any carrier of substance in Houston not carrying the channel with the Rockets/Astros. I mean, that's practically the entire point of Fox Sports Net. But I do hope the deals get done prior to the preseason... I could see some stubborn providers trying to leverage for every last penny up until the season opener.

13. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Me too. Guess we'll find out soon.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

[rQUOTEr]Comcast SportsNet Houston launches Monday, and it initially will be available only through four cable carriers in Texas, Arkansas and Louisiana.

– Comcast, obviously, will carry the channel on its systems in Houston (Channels 39 and 639), Houma, La Place, Monroe and Shreveport, La, (Channels 86 and 1688) and in Little Rock, Ark. (Channels 269 and 1687).

– Coastal Link in Brazoria County will carry CSN Houston on Channels 31 and 131.

– EnTouch in Houston will have it on Channels 73 and 473).

– Phonoscope in Houston will have standard-def at Channel 35 and nothing yet in HD.

Nothing yet for DirecTV, where spokesman Robert Mercer offers this statement: ”We continue to work with both the Rockets and Astros, who own CSN Houston, to make it available to our customers for the 2012-13 NBA and upcoming 2013 MLB season next spring. DirecTV strives to provide all of our customers an unparalleled TV experience at the most reasonable value, and while the costs of sports networks like this one continue to rise, we remain committed to servicing fans and non-fans alike.”[/rQUOTEr]

15. Wooderson

Wooderson Member

I am a very nervous Uverse subscriber. If they don't have this resolved by the start of the season then I'm dropping them.

16. jdh008

jdh008 Member

Me too, although they show Mavs games here in College Station just as often as Rockets games anyway.

17. thejav

thejav Member

Dish network??

18. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

Comcast SportsNet Houston

So does Direct TV have Comcast yet? IF NOT THEN WHAT DO I DO? Merge if necessary. Only 9 days until some action!!

19. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

You wait until they reach an agreement or get Comcast.

20. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member