1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Crane said we could have a new uniform and logo.

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by houston#1, Nov 17, 2011.

?

Do we need to change our uniform and logo?

1. Yes, we need a fresh start.

203 vote(s)
    72.8%
  2. No, our current uniform and logo still look great.

76 vote(s)
    27.2%
  1. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Funny - the generic "Player" nameplate accurately sums up the 2012 Houston Astros.

2. dreamshake97

dreamshake97 Member

hell yes.. i'm so glad we are going to something different.. i swear before the texans FINALLY got something decent, the houston teams always have suck uni's..

I'm curious what colors he will go with.. i know most houston sports fans always wanna go back to what use to be(astros navy blue, orange and rockets mustard and red) but i bet Crane tries for something kinda like what the Marlins did and freshen up what we already have.. i doubt we go to completely different colors.. he will stick wiuth some sort of resemblance to what we already own with a new added color maybe.. i HIGHLY doubt he goes back to blue and orange though..

3. msn

msn Member

blue and orange would be EPIC though

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i highly doubt he won't.

5. dreamshake97

dreamshake97 Member

u really think crane is gonna buy the team and go back to the 80's colors.. while i do like the colors i have always said that the astros and rockets old school colors weren't loved this much until they were gone and replaced.. kinda like a bad movie that turns into a cult classic AFTER it goes to dvd… everyone loves the blue and orange now.. but i remember as a kid growing up in south houston and hearing everyone complain about how ugly they were..

6. MadMax

I'm not talking about rainbows. I'm talking about something clean...but with blue and orange as the dominant features. As they go through tons of transition, they need some reminder that this is still OUR team. That's what all the uproar about the name change crap was about. It has to be rooted in something after 50 years. My guess is it will be a bone tossed to the real fan base...and by the way, when I go to Astros games today and walk around Houston, I see as many or more people wearing the old blue hats with orange stars and white H than I do of the current stuff. If Crane is as smart as I think he is, he'll do everything he can to make sure his real fan base stays connected....and that would be a huge step in that direction.

7. Pete the Cheat

[​IMG]

8. Hey Now!

Ah, but the fresh irony is that if they do bring the old stuff back ... the current-soon-to-be-old colors would then become the favored look......

9. MadMax

ha :) I doubt it. maybe one day...but not anytime soon.

10. msn

msn Member

The current colors don't seem to have been unique enough or around long enough to become cult classics. And by unique, I mean cool unique, not pajamas unique.

11. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

This was obviously going to happen. You push a name change for the team, then everyone b****es. Once they b****, you show you understanding side and agree to keep the tradition of the franchise. Then everyone is more accepting of a uniform change to coincide with the league change.

12. dreamshake97

dreamshake97 Member

i agree mad max, i just think right now EVERYONE is into the old school look.. snap back hats are huge with old school logo's.. people love stuff when it's gone, and whatever we get next i do believe people will buy up this current logo's hat and embrace that style.. just like the rockets(even though mustard and red is way better than the current look)..

i'm antsy and wanna see some options… who is this "fanbase" that gets targeted? his season ticket holders of 10+ years? i'm curious what his criteria will be to be lucky enough to give input about the logo, new uniforms..

so it's JUST a uniform style and color change right? not a name change?

13. msn

msn Member

but you're ignoring the fact that it's not the most recent Rockets unis that people embrace but the true classics. Do you see anyone running around wearing Drexler or Francis pajamas? Not that the mud'n'blood are anywhere near that bad, but I'll bet the blue and orange will always be more popular.

1 person likes this.
  14. MadMax

no question about it. it's a connection to the roots of the franchise. i'm pretty confident that if his focus groups include longtime Astro fans we're going to end up with something that hints towards nostalgia.

15. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

FWIW, on the Opening game broadcast, Dierker said he saw some of the sample designs for next year and he said he liked what he saw (apologies for not having the direct quote).

He also mentioned that he liked the uniforms they 'stros wore at the end of the 90's (last Dome team) the most out of any that he wore over the years. Said they were the classiest ones they've had so far.

16. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

And also mentioned the designs were nothing as loud as the rainbow jerseys...thank you.

17. Curly

Curly Member

18. thrillhouse

thrillhouse Member

****ty photoshop job I did switching up the color scheme to the 90s one. Orange just seems too busy looking to me.

19. thrillhouse

thrillhouse Member

whoops
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. Hey Now!

So... I can't say how but, I know things (and some people here know that I know things, OK?), and I can tell you, for a fact, that it's going to be orange and blue. I also know that the (tentative) plan is a September/October release - probably post-season (that was more speculative - but it didn't sound like we were going to see anything until later i nthe year).