1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Top 6 in 3 pointers made

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rich_argh, Nov 7, 2004.

1. rich_argh

rich_argh Member

1. Chauncey Billups (Detroit Pistons) .688 16 11
    2. Tracy McGrady (Houston Rockets) .409 22 9
    3. Charlie Ward (Houston Rockets) .421 19 8
    4. Baron Davis (New Orleans Hornets) .304 23 7
    4. Kirk Hinrich (Chicago Bulls) .389 18 7
    4. Jim Jackson (Houston Rockets) .368 19 7

;)

2. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Cholly and Jimmy are gonna need to keep knocking those down and hopefully even improve if our offense is going to work the way it's designed. Last year the team really lived and died by the three, and I expect us to be no different this season.

3. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

Nachbar has 4 three pointers in four games :p
    Doing pretty good so far....maybe he can be in top 10 if he keeps up the good work.

;)

4. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Did you know that last year, JJ and Mobes were both top five in 3s made. This is what an inside/outside offense can do. Well at least for Ward and JJ. With T-Mac it seems like it's more of a "I'm going to pull up for a three because I'm just that good" offense.

5. rich_argh

rich_argh Member

i predict Tmac will be #1 in 3 Points made...:eek:

6. dragon167

dragon167 Contributing Member

I think we r the only team that has played 4 games? i.e. at least 33% more than others.

7. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

True. But I don't doubt that we'll have a couple of guys in the top 10 when the season ends. T-Mac and JJ most likely because they did it last year. Ward is a bit questionable, because who knows how much playing time he'll lose when Sura gets healthy. But if Ward keeps shooting like he's been doing the past couple of games, I think JVG would be hard-pressed to sit him down.

But if the PG trio of Ward, Lue and later Sura combines to make 150+ 3s this year while shooting a decent percentage, then this team will be in very good shape.

8. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

the funny part is we are playing the very best in the nba right now. i can't wait to play some crap teams and see how our stats look.

9. room4rentsf

room4rentsf Contributing Member

I dont think Sura is much of a shooter. esp. 3pt shooter..

J

10. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

Unfortunately, there are just so few crap teams in the west anymore. GS and the Clippers are probably the only teams in the west that won't pose much of a challenge. The east is garbage, and I expect to finish the season without losing to another eastern team.

11. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

IMO, for some reason, we always have trouble against GS and LA Clips, or CRAP teams. Last year it took Andre Miller's 2 inexplicable lane violations to win it. And GS spanked us down the stretch. Hopefully we beat the teams we should, but it's not a given that we'll beat them or that they "don't pose much of a challenge."

12. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

Same thing applied to Memphis and Sacramento, look what we did to them, beat 'em. Here's hoping we can do the same to the other teams we have problems with. :cool:

13. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Yeah i just don't want us to be the rockets of old. just playing to level of our competition.

We loose to crappy teams then play super hard against good teams...

14. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

orlando just lost to the bobcats! steve said something to the effect of "we werent ready for them". i think there is alot to be said for the fact that steve and the old rockets just didnt take crap teams very seriously and we had a habit of losing games that we should have won.

15. Driven

Driven Member

Baron Davis is on that list...

Doesn'y mean anything, yet.

16. tikwanleap

tikwanleap Contributing Member

Hmm, that's an interesting point.

17. noize

noize Contributing Member

Delete.

18. lancet

lancet Contributing Member

The difference between TMac and other player is: TMac can just make a three with ease because he is that good. The other players need being setup.