1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A Blessing In Disguise

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Aussie_Fozzey, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Aussie_Fozzey

Aussie_Fozzey Member

Its kinda funny how things panned out this season, I mean really if we acquired Dwight before the trade deadline and he went out injured just before the playoffs we'd all be believing we were cursed like Portland. It would have been Yao all over again... We "should" have a TON of cap space and 2 valuable draft picks this off season, unlike the past 2-3 i'm genuinely excited to see what pans out and who we sign. Although i do believe if Les and Morey don't get something done this time round the writing will be on the great wall (Yao pun). :grin:

2. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

aussie! aussie! aussie!...

1 person likes this.
  3. ShutURBiG!

ShutURBiG! Contributing Member

Wouldn't he have had to take a physical? He would've failed it and the trade wouldn't have gone through.

4. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

if you're looking for a silver lining..

but who's to say that he'd be injured in a rockets jersey?

5. onreego

onreego Member

Fate?

6. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Did he get injured before the deadline? If not then He'd be in different situations against different opponents in different offenses/defenses. Who knows what would have happened.

7. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Oi! Oi! Oi!

1 person likes this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

How many more mediocre blessings in disguise do we need in this decade?

1 person likes this.
  9. Aussie_Fozzey

Aussie_Fozzey Member

he has a herniated disc, wouldn't have mattered who he played it would it was bound to happen eventually.

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I think I'd still rather have an injured Dwight Howard. He'll be back next season to dominate. We could be spending this time talking about whether we're going to the Finals next season or do we need more shooters to get past OKC, instead of belly-aching about being on the treadmill of mediocrity.

11. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

That's a hell'uva disguise. Still fooling me, it is.

12. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Assuming he would have waived his option after being traded to the Rockets. Not likely - he would have been off to Brooklyn.

13. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Well, if you look at salary cap from CH, we have only $8M cap space if we sign Dragic only for $4M. I would say we need around $6-8M for Dragic, then we have only $4M cap space, so we do not have lots of money to sign a star too.

14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Even so, agonizing over whether or not Dwight Howard would sign a new contract is still better than agonizing over being mediocre.

15. Warning-Sign

Warning-Sign Member

I'm a little relieved now that it's not the Rockets getting destroyed by the Spurs. Dodged a bullet maybe?

16. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

History....

17. Nook

Nook Member

He had a bulging disc, many players play with them for years. I find the timing of his decision troubling. I suspect if he had been traded to a team not coached by a VanGundy he would still be playing right now.

18. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets have the flexibility to amnesty Scola and/or trade Martin creating ample caproom if they want to.

19. Nook

Nook Member

Not necessarily, some disc bulges (herniations are the same thing) are caused by a trauma or are made worse by trauma. Honestly, there is a good chance the pain would have gone away on it's own with rest. Most people have them.

20. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Relieved?

I'm pissed b/c the Rockets always play the Spurs well. It would have been better competition than watching blowout after blowout.