1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why does my PC keep freezing?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by LooneyToon, Jul 4, 2004.

1. LooneyToon

LooneyToon Contributing Member

I have the newest version of Adaware (i think its v.6), and i run it atleast twice a day to get all the parasites out, but my PC freezes every 10 minutes or so. I try and do the clt+alt+dlte and check my running task but none of them is "not responding", therefore, i have to restart my PC. anyone know of a way I can fix my problem?

PS: limit the car jokes.

2. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

What operating system?

3. LooneyToon

i think its Win 00'. Its recently having this problem. Can't fix it for the life of me. the harddrive is only about 35% used up.

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

You might need to clean your registry - there are lots of free programs around (RegCleaner, RegMechanic...)

5. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Could be your video card. I know we've had that problem at work before. We've had to replace a few video cards to stop freezing.

But yeah... try cleaning your registry and stuff first.

Did you run a virus scan?

6. LooneyToon

Im running RegCleaner now.... seems like its finding alot of "Paths"... once its finished, can I delete all of them with no worries that i might be deleting something important?

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

If you want you can try a program like RegVac ~ it has a 'novice' mode so you don't have to worry so much about deleting something important.

RegVac has a free trial program that gets rid of a lot of stuff, but you have to pay to get everything cleaned - I still recommend it though. Another good cleaner is called RegSupreme and you can delete everything with it.

RegVac

Good Luck

8. bigballerj

bigballerj Member

Do you use the smart scan or the custom scan?

I run Ad-aware as well and the custom scan (although it takes longer) will find ALOT more spyware, parasites, etc than just running the smart scan.