1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Our backcourt

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DeAleck, Oct 31, 2012.

Tags:
  1. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

Harden + Lin = 49 pts + 20 ast + 10 rb + 8 stl

I know it's mostly Harden, but Lin was really good too. Are we having one of the best backcourts in the NBA again?

2. jsonic6

jsonic6 Contributing Member

Lin +23
    Harden +18

Beardsanity 2013

3. lean

lean Member

713 backcourt is sick

1 person likes this.
  4. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

Francis and Mobley can rest in peace now.

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

We're missing a competent backup PG, though. We've been spoiled the last couple years having Lowry and then Dragic as backup.

Douglas looked terrible out there.

6. SRR21

SRR21 Member

ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo
    Jeremy Lin was a +23 for Rockets in his debut. That's the 2nd-best plus-minus for him in any game in his career.

7. thejav

thejav Member

let macahado back up lin please and cut morris..

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Watching the Knicks last year, I can't remember ever seeing Toney Douglas hit a shot. He's a disaster out there. When Harden and Lin are on the floor at the same time, they flow together and the offense runs well with two guys that create well for others. Lin on the bench makes Harden easy to defend and the Rockets offense breaks down. Watching them explode back after Lin came back in was beautiful.

Is there a way to know what Harden shot and how many TOs he had when Lin was on the bench?

If Pat Pat was healthy, Rockets would have easily won by over 20. Morris has no NBA future and should go to Europe or China.

1 person likes this.
  9. trowa

trowa Member

i think we have one of the best back court in the nba.
    other good back court is:
    denvor - iggy and lawson
    supposedly good back court:
    lakers - kobe and nash
    nets - dwill and joe johnson

10. CCorn

CCorn Member

I'm curious to see Dwill and JoJo. Dwill has never had a SG playing next to him, might be scary good.

Nash Kobe will be lethal if they can figure it out.

I also think Westbrook Martin will be very good.

11. topfive

topfive CF OG

Harden leads the league in scoring.

12. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

We will get one come trade deadline and more importantly for the playoffs!

13. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah. If Cook isn't going to contribute, I'm really bummed we got rid of Livingston. I think he at least would have been a steadying influence. Douglas was really painful to watch out there.

Curious to see if Machado actually avoids a trip to the NBDL and makes his way into the rotation. For all of his flaws, he is a playmaker.

Harden isn't going to be able to play 44 minutes a night, especially if he's also doing the majority of the ball handling duties when Lin is resting.

Harden really was giving me visions of McGrady in his prime, which is a hell of a thing to say. He's a truly terrific decision maker with the ball, which is such a rare thing for an elite scorer. He imposed his will all over the game in so many different ways. I just don't want what happened to TMac to happen to him, and a guy like Machado who can get the 2nd unit easy baskets would be really valuable in lessening the load.

Also, Delfino answered your perimeter shooter question. :)

#14 NIKEstrad, Oct 31, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Yeah, these type of stats will be available on NBA.com. It will be interesting to track Harden's production with and without Lin on the floor (and vice versa) as the season progresses.

From a quick perusal of the play-by-plays, Harden shot 4/7 from the floor (including 3/6 from 3-point line) with Lin on the bench. He also had 3 turnovers, all coming pretty much in succession during the third quarter while Lin was on the bench.

16. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Just throw Machado in there, he couldn't do worse than our current backup.

Heck, let White have a go as well. If Douglas can't make his shot, he can't do anything else.

17. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I remember those three quick turnovers, it was multiple fast breaks back and forth.

18. RollsRoyce

RollsRoyce Member

Bro, you should TM this, the 713 backcourt ftw!

19. CCM721

CCM721 Member

Harden didn't look easy to defend a single time tonight, no matter who was on the floor..

20. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

Other than Delfino, I don't think we have any proven talent on the bench.

I do my best not to get carried away by making knee-jerk reactions to small sample sizes. That being said, I doubt there are many tandums at the 1 & 2 in the league that will create as many opportunities for their teammates.

If you split Lebron James into two different people, you would be left with something like the Lin and Harden duo.