1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Starting PG Beverly or Prigioni

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by XxTCNxX, Feb 20, 2015.

?

Who is best fit for a future PG position?

Poll closed Mar 20, 2015.
  1. Beverly

35.2%
  2. Prigioni

64.8%
  1. Keyan

Keyan Member

Prigioni is a playmaker, he will create shots for the bench. Especially when Harden is not playing. He will help create all those shots some of our players can't produce on their own.

2. WilliamGCash

WilliamGCash Member

3. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Prigs needs to get 15-20 mins every game off the bench with the second unit. Anytime Harden rests Prigs needs to be on the floor directing the offense. Terry needs to get about 10 mins a night and bev can start and play the remaining 18-23 mins per game.

McFail you're welcome!

4. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Are we sure that Beverley is sick? If he's not starting tomorrow night it'll definitely cast further doubt on his illness. The timing is a bit strange with his recent poor play. I'm not sure McHale would bench him (to get right mentally) without his consent.

5. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Bev has been hurting our offense badly and the last couple of games without him proved it more than ever.

6. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Is he really severely sick? I have my doubts.
    Is he hiding previous injuries and now it caught up to him? Knowing his style of a player, this is probably it.

7. Entropy

Entropy Member

My guess is he knows was probably dangled for numerous trades before the deadline and had a spat with the front office about it and so is keeping low till he gets his head back together.

8. alethios

alethios Member

I seem to remember Harden saying we needed help at the point guard position. I don't remember where I heard it (or dreamt it). I imagine getting Prigs was well received by his beardness.

9. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

We have a smart and steady ball handler on this squad now.

I said it before that Prigs is going to be big for us in the Playoffs, and I'll say it again.

Prigs is going to be a vital piece for the Rockets. How easy did the lane open up on his P'n'R for the big man with Prigs running point?

Easy baskets man. Easy baskets. Something this team struggles mightily with.

Ohhhh...
    From having no Playoff guys last season (apart from superstars so Dwight's output is exempt)
    We now have Ariza.
    We now have Brewer.
    We now have Smith.
    We not have Prigioni (who I won't classify with those other 3... but a player of his skill set was drastically needed)

This is going to be a wild ride.

10. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Start Beverly, close out games with Pablo.

Pablo makes our bench run very very smoothly and I think at his age it would wear him out way too much having to guard starting PG's off the bat.

In our starting lineup, we still have Harden to do the playmaking. On our bench we have Pablo setting up teammates.

And close out games with Pablo because he can actually do things when people are doubling Harden so our 4th quarter offense will be much better.

Play Terry only only at SG because he's not efficient at all as a PG. He's too slow to guard PG's (Ex. Devin Harris), not a playmaker (very good at making the extra/quick pass though) and can have easier shots made for him so he can start hitting his 3's at a better clip/

11. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

[​IMG]

12. thevirus

thevirus Member

Let's see if bev can get his defence and shooting back.
    If he can't,then he will be harmful to our starting lineup,he can't shoot and defence,and he can't be a playmaker too.So,start who all depends on we can fit our starting lineup.

13. dkocich87

dkocich87 Member

14. Exiled

Exiled Member

Niceeee:eek:

15. daledondale

daledondale Member

:eek: :grin: