1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ch 2 video] McGrady interview - return uncertain, may pull out of all-star game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hilltopper, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Hilltopper

Hilltopper Contributing Member

2. rajc17

rajc17 Member

man this guy is such a lil b****.......trade this fool, get rid of this guy he is a virus to our team

he should not let all the rumors come in through one ear and out the other, he should sit down and think about what he is doing to all the rockets fans and his team members who are counting on him

3. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

i'm very disappointed in his interviews. this dude is very stupid. he should never talk. what he is saying mostly is right, but the way he says it lacks so much diplomacy.

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

"mentally i'm not there, i'm not ready to play"

This motherf#cker is close to reaching all-time p***y status in the league. I really can't think of any other player who's quit on so many teams.

5. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

"Mentally Im not ready to play."

Im sorry but a super sized......... WTF?!?!?!?!?!?

Weak.

6. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 Member

He's talking about his injury...he's not confident in his game right now because of the pain and conditioning. If he is not explosive, then he really doesn't offer the team much.

7. Pringles

Pringles Member

um... key word there. mentally... he said mentally, not physically.

what a disappointment.

8. ibm

ibm Member

so is he playing on sat. or not?

9. t_mac1

what tmac is saying is right. u can't diss him there. it's how he said it. every injury COMES with the mental aspect. he tried to come back the first time and it made it worse. he just wants to be mentally prepared in terms of cutting and doing some explosive moves. u can't knock that.

10. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 Member

Confidence isn't a physical ability...it is a mental one. His confidence is low because of his physical ability right now, and as Adelman said he is simply not ready quite yet.

11. marciagong

marciagong Member

I think he's not confident that he can help the team because so many people saying that his return will hurt the current chemistry.

12. TTRocket

TTRocket Contributing Member

I feel kinda bad for him, he's hurt and the media/fans are crushing him and placing all the blame of this season on him. It's small wonder he isn't mentally ready. Unfortunately, he is our team's best player and I wouldn't be surprised at all if he retires soon. I think the Rockets franchise is cursed.

13. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

if I had to guess I would say yes because he is trying to play up his injury and play down how effective he will be that sounds like he will play

14. t_mac1

read the chron's report by feign tonight. tmac said he doesn't want to come back and destroy the momentum and chemistry of the team. i think he's truly distraught about wanting to play, but wanting to play GREAT so his team and teammates do not lose the momentum they have gained.

it's just the way he SAYS it doesn't sound good. but i think when he returns, he wants to help the team go to another level, not just limp around.

15. WoodlandsBoy

WoodlandsBoy Contributing Member

Adleman said he was limping during practice.

He is going to be out another 10-14 days IMO.

16. rockets > *

rockets > * Member

"my whole game is based on explosion and cuts" :rolleyes:

17. marciagong

marciagong Member

Tmac really needs to learn how to talk, look how many people are pissed off everytime he says something.

18. f_chowd0696

f_chowd0696 Member

how does that deal with jumpshooting....

19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Dude has a full-court bball gym in his house. He could've moved his bed in there the past 3 weeks to get him mentally prepared for getting back on the court :rolleyes:

Half the league plays hurt. Just about every big-minute player has a variety of nagging injuries the duration of the season. Unfortunately we're stuck with the one primadonna who won't play unless he's absolutely 100%. What the hell has he been doing the past month besides getting his nails and toes done. He hasn't even had to show up for half his teammates' games. Clyde Drexler played game 5 against Phoenix with 101F fever getting fluid IV's at halftime. This little girl wouldn't have even sat on the bench much less played under those conditions.

There is no doubt at this point that he has given up on this season already.

20. daddy cool

daddy cool Member

It wasn't that bad, he just doesn't feel confident on his leg,He feels he will be limping around and if he's going to do that he shouldn't be out there PERIOD.