1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Skip Bayless top 10 NBA players!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by t_mac1, Apr 15, 2011.

1. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

2. what

what Member

You follow skip bayless? Weird.

3. clippy

clippy Member

Not joking as much as a way of posting controversial stuff to get people talking about him (which is obviously working). Skip is a tool but he knows how to market himself, similar to Woj @Yahoo.

BTW, make sure goodbug pays up his debts. That Cavs one is over, the other will be solidified next week. I'm guessing he pulls a WelshZow.

4. Shaud

Shaud Member

They debated on who would you rather have Durant vs. Rose. He said Durant because Rose hasn't made it out the 1st round, and brought up the missed ft's in the college Championship game.

I guess he forgot that Durant hasn't been out the 1st round and Rose has performed better in the playoffs than Durant did last year.

5. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

...but his brother is an awesome cook.

1 person likes this.
  6. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

If he brought that up, I guess he forgot Durant didn't even make out of the 2nd round in the NCAAs.

7. Shaud

Shaud Member

Yeah I was thinking that when he said it. He always bring the ft's up and the fact that Rose only scored 2 points in an high school Championship Game that he's team won.

8. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

I don't think he's joking. I'm assuming you think it's a joke bc Lebron is 4 but a lot of people, although not a majority, don't think that Lebron is the best player in basketball. He is definitely the most versatile and the best stat compiler in the game but some of that comes from the fact that he is a player that dominates the ball for the majority of the game. His scoring and rebounding numbers are about the same as Durant's. You really don't need one person to be the best at every thing on your team. Jordan was putting up similar numbers but won almost all of his championship with his assist numbers in the 4-5 range. Best stats don't equal best player. Malone has better stats than Duncan but most people would say that Duncan was the better player.

9. clippy

clippy Member

Lebron @4 is a joke, but Kobe @1 is just utter cluelessness. You could take Kobe off the Lakers and they wouldn't skip a beat (and this has been shown time and time again both when he misses games and when he sits out during a game). Kobe is the most overrated player of all time, and it's this kind of media pandering behind it.

10. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

1) the majority of the people believe lebron is the best player in the L. the rest are saying kobe. now you have a few saying rose (but even bulls fans don't believe it).

2) my problem is not lebron at #4. it's carmelo at freaking #5 and pierce at #7. those 2 in the top 10 are absurd.

11. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

You are obsessed with hating Kobe. How can you be overrated when you are one of the top 6 scorers of all time and a 5 time champion? Saying he is the greatest of all time is ridiculous but there is little doubt that he is one of the greatest to ever play. There is no doubt that Kobe isn't the same regular season player that he once was but it is very debatable about whether or not he is the best player to have on your team come playoff time.

Also ask yourself this, if you asked players like D. Rose, C. Paul, D. Williams, R. Rondo, and R. Westbrook who they would rather play with out of Lebron and Kobe who do you think they would choose for one year? Rose pretty much said last year that he didn't want to play with Lebron and the reason why is that Lebron is going to take the ball out of their hands and not make them better players. Lebron is the greatest thing ever if nobody else on the team wants the ball in their hands but players like Kobe, Durant, and Wade can be good on almost any team bc they don't have to be running the offense to be at their best.

12. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Then I'd like to apologize to you bc I couldn't agree more with that second statement. I was pretty shocked to see Pierce and Melo ahead of players like DWill and CP3.

13. clippy

clippy Member

I'm certain they'd pick LeBron, if they were interested in winning. Kobe is on his way out, and at his peak he was nowhere near as good as LeBron is now. Players might not want to play with them if they are interested in being "the man" (much as Kobe didn't want to keep playing with Shaq). However, as far as being "the man", LeBron is far less of a ballhog than Kobe is and will actually pass to the open guy down the stretch.

Kobe is (or was) a great player, but he's severley overrated. He's one of many great swingmen who has almost always been surrounded by the best bigs in the league. The three years he wasn't, he had the same results as TMac, Allen, AI, VC, etc.

14. apollo33

apollo33 Member

LOL why the hellllllll is pierce is there.

The list sounds really trollish

15. Andre Barrett

Andre Barrett Member

Howard behind Melo is a joke

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

2 points to counter you:

1.Jordan put up better stats than LeBron has thus far.
    2. Duncan put up better stats than Malone.

17. AXG

AXG Member

Horrible list. I'd still put LeBron ahead of Durant and Wade and Howard is way better than Melo. Pierce shouldn't even be on this list. I'd also put Paul and Rose ahead of Dirk and Gasol.

18. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Rose didn't not want to play with Lebron bc he wanted to the "the man" but he didn't want to play with Lebron bc he realizes that Lebron's game isn't for everybody and I'm sure the other players I listed would feel the same way. It has nothing to do with whose leading the team and everything to do with Lebron's style of play. I never heard any talk about DRose not wanting Wade on the team even though Wade would have been the man. As great a player as Lebron James is his ball dominating style of play doesn't always make everyone around him better.

Also, Kobe at his peak was every bit as good as Lebron is right now. You ignore the versatility that Kobe's offensive game has. He can create off the dribble or run off picks and hit shots. A majority of Lebron's scoring comes from him having the ball.

As far as comparing Kobe to Vince, Tmac, etc. you should just get out of here with that. The fact that Kobe is still performing at a high level while those two are pretty much at the end of their careers is a testament to his greatness. Kobe missed the playoffs only one year and that was the year after the Shaq trade. Then he took a team starting Smush Parker, Luke Walton, and Kwame Brown to the playoffs and almost beat a good Phoenix team with that roster. I don't care what people say about Mo Williams, Jamison, and Varejao but I know they are all better than those three scrubs i just named. Furthermore, before they acquired Gasol the Lakers were only 1 or 2 games out of first place in the west starting Fisher, Odom, Turiaf, and Radmonovic. Kobe was doing very well with some bad teams in a very tough western conference.

19. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

1. Jordan's championship assist and rebound numbers are below Lebron's but he had better scoring and steal numbers. I wouldn't call them better just different.

2. Karl Malone's career numbers are 25/10/3.6/1.4/.8 while shooting 51% from the field and 74% from the free throw line

Duncan's career stats are 20/11.4/3.1/.7/2.3 while shooting 50% from the field and 68% from the ft line.

IMO Malone has the better stats.

20. clippy

clippy Member

This is ridiculous. Lebron doesn't "dominate" the ball anymore than Kobe does. Kobe plays in a system that's supposed to distribute the ball yet he still feels the need to depart from that during crunchtime. I'm not sure what Rose's quote was but it seems obvious that he enjoys his position as the guy in Chicago and with LeBron (or Wade or Kobe) he would not be.

As for LBJ's play not making players better... well, the Cavs were the best team in the league the last two years and the worst this year. That's a pretty big difference.

Come on, it's not like Kobe is Ray Allen or Reggie Miller and running off screens all the time. Almost all of his offense is unassisted, just like LeBron's. Young Kobe and current LeBron have similar games, although LeBron's size makes him superior. Current Kobe is basically a low-percentage jump shooter with a decent (but predictable) driving game.

I will give Kobe some credit for his longevity and ability to stay injury-free (testament to offseason training). However, I don't think he's shown anything special when given average talent (which is what he had during those three years-- the team with Odom+Butler was better than anything LBJ had until this year). Guys like Ray Allen and KG were routinely taking crappy teams to the first round. It's not that big of a deal-- over half the teams make it every year.