1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wrestlemania 23 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by alexdapooh, Mar 22, 2007.

1. alexdapooh

alexdapooh Contributing Member

The following matches have been confirmed to take place at WrestleMania 23 on Sunday April 1, 2007 at Ford Field in Detroit, Michigan:

World Heavyweight Championship Match
    Batista vs. Undertaker

WWE Championship Match
    John Cena vs. Shawn Michaels

Battle of the Billionaires - Hair vs. Hair
    Special guest referee: Stone Cold Steve Austin
    Bobby Lashley (w/Donald Trump) vs. Umaga (w/Vince McMahon)

Money in the Bank Ladder Match
    Edge vs. CM Punk vs. King Booker vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Mr. Kennedy vs. Matt Hardy vs. Finley vs. Randy Orton

ECW Originals (The Sandman, Sabu, Tommy Dreamer & Rob Van Dam) vs. New Breed (Elijah Burke, Matt Striker, Marcus Cor Von & Kevin Thorn)

Women's Championship Match
    Melina vs. Ashley

Kane vs. The Great Khali

United States Championship Match
    Chris Benoit vs. MVP

==================

Aside from the 2 main events -- Cena vs HBK, Batista vs Undertaker -- which honestly, I'm not really THAT interested in... the rest of the card looks kind of lame. It's also 4 faces fighting in the two main events... who's playing the heels? The Money in the Bank looks interested, but seems like it may be a little overcrowded with 8 people in the match.

Thoughts? Opinions?

2. dskillz

dskillz Contributing Member

Money in the Bank is always a spotfest and exciting,

Billionaire match will not be a good match, but will be a spectacle. Especially when the shaving starts.

ECW match will be a mess. But with RVD and Sandman in there, the crowd will be HOT.

The rest of it is just filler. But that is how Wrestlemania is every year anyway. As far as the face vs face matches in the Main Event, I think that will be changing this week.

3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Is this thread serious?

4. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

It can't be... I "pffted" when I saw it.

5. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

The undertaker was coolest in the early 90s and then again when Kane came around in the late 90s.

Everything after that, biker, deadman, whatever has been really lame

6. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

That pretty much sums up my opinion of it as well. It'd be cool if either one of HBK or Cena turned heel at the ppv and stuck with it for a while, but the chances of that are slim.

7. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I remember Rick Martel abandoning Tito Santana during a tag team match at Wrestlemania V. I also remember the championship match between Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage, who had been feuding since a Friday Night Main Event tag team match against the Twin Towers: Big Boss Man and Prince Akeem (from deepest, darkest Africa). A year later, some friends and me went to the Summit to see Hogan and Savage go at it again: Scary Sherry was in Macho Man's corner, and the crowd went wild when Hogan decked her. I also remebmer Zeus and the "No Holds Barred" movie, and wondered why Z never fought Hogan for the championship since he was apparently invincible. Incidentally, I had to "sneak around" the house to watch wrestling, my parents decided to forbid it, for some reason (10-11 yrs old at the time).

8. Tigerknee

Tigerknee Contributing Member

Yes it is. And if you have nothing to contribute, then go troll another thread. :rolleyes:

9. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

I wish some of the old DX guys like X-Pac, Mr. Ass, and Road Dogg would run in on the HBK/Cena match.

10. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Man, I haven't watched wrestling ever since WM 21. It got boring ever since the Rock and Stone Cold left.

The original DX should of came back, which would of made it interesting. But HHH and Shawn Michaels forming DX? That's stupid.

11. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Am I missing something? They were the original DX, minus Chyna and the late Rick Rude. The New Age Outlaws and X-Pac didn't officially join until after HBK had to retire from injuries.

It would be cool to see Cena turn heel, but the little kiddies buy too much of his merchandise for that to happen.

12. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

my thoughts exactly, I'm still waiting the day for a nWo vs. DX storyline, that would freaking rock!

13. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

dx was at it's heights when it was a stable, not a tag team. Notice hhh totally ripping off road dog's ring intro which is pathetic imo. The comeback has been nothing but total cheese for the most part.

14. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

I think Batista vs Undertaker will be better than Cena vs HBK.

Also I want to see Kane vs The great Khali

15. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

all i know is that Undertaker better win.

16. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

My oh my how times have changed...

[​IMG]

Where has rasslin' gone?

17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

It's bad news for Batista. The Undertaker has never lost a Wrestlemania match.

18. Al22ex

Al22ex Member

Um you are mistaken.... sorry to say.... Triple H when he was in DX the first time HHH did this... to make fun of WCW and. ahem Michael Buffer... you know the guy who says Lets Get Ready To Rumble...so Triple H says Lets get ready to Succccccckkkk it.... Triple H was forced to stop doing it at the time because WCW and Micahel Buffer threatened to sue...

Road Dogg.....would say and I quote "Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages. Degeneration x proudly brings to you the WWF... TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS OF THE WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORLD...The Road Dogg Jesse James, the Bad Ass Billy Gunn the New Age outlaws!

19. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

I'm particularly interested in the Lashley-Umaga matchup (the "battle of the billionaires"), and the Money in the Bank match. The Women's championship looks sort of cool b/c I like Melina, and the Great Khali versus Kane should be pretty awesome.

20. alexdapooh

alexdapooh Contributing Member

Cena and Batista are both pretty lame in my book.

Cena is okay when he is a heel. I actually liked his rapper gimmick because it was unique and it also drew heat from the fans. This babyface Marine gimmick is making me sick... they are making him invincible... even making Benoit tap to him on this past RAW.

Batista sucks because he lacks the in-ring performance and mic skills. All he has is "the look", which is getting him real far. I don't see him contesting the Undertaker for his title at WM23.