1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lakers waive Kendall Marshall

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Breitbard, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Breitbard

Breitbard Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Lakers waiving guard Kendall Marshall, but have interest in bringing him back on a new deal if he clears waivers, league sources tell Yahoo.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/statuses/490191364488167424">July 18, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Maybe getting locked out of the Carmelo discussions was an omen. Must say I'm a bit surprised as I thought they had a higher opinion of him.

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Damn that is ****ing cold.
    He did well for them.

Do the Lakers not need a potential starter for when the fanbase inevitably turns on Lin and he gets benched?

3. hooroo

hooroo Member

fully unguaranteed contract. can the rockets claim him off waivers?

4. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

That's strange. He played very well under Mike D'Antoni and he was on a bargain contract. I doubt he clears waivers.

5. goyao11

goyao11 Member

Interesting...

What was Marshall's downfall? Shooting and defense?

He was putting up crazy assist numbers undre MDA... was it one of those situations where stats were deceiving?

6. Breitbard

Breitbard Contributing Member

I thought that it was strange for the Lakers to say they hoped he cleared waivers. He's not that expensive, just keep him now. He has his rough edges but I'd expect another team will pick him up before they get another chance.

7. lalala902102001

I think they had to waive Marshall in order to have enough cap space to sign Boozer for the amount that they bid for him.

8. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Now Kobe will never follow him on twitter.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Ramon Sessions 2.0 - stat sheet hero that doesn't move the needle forward when it comes to actually winning games. PG is too deep of a position to lose sleep over this guy.

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Yep. Winning the Partial Waiver Claim required them to clear more space to cover the full claim

11. ElDobleK

ElDobleK Literally Zan Tabak

I don't get it. Over the course of 45 games as a starter, the guy averaged 8 points and 9.5 assists, on 37% from three. Of course, that was for one of the worst Lakers teams ever, but those aren't really numbers that you just waive.

12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I don't think you can say that based on a guy who had to suffer through the dumpster fire of the Lakers. He was supposed to help *that* team win games?

He would need to be this guy:
    http://www.theonion.com/articles/christ-returns-to-nba,1996/

A guy who easily had a 3 ATR last year is pretty interesting to me. Also 40% from 3 pt range.

13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

he's not a former rocket so we arent interested

14. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

We should pick him up, if he can be had cheaply.

15. NotChandlerParsons

We should absolutely claim him off the wire. If last year wasn't an anomaly he can do what Ish does but also shoot the 3.

16. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

On the Lakers front:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en data-scribe-reduced-action-queue="><p>Yahoo Sources: Lakers, Xavier Henry finalizing one-year free agent agreement. <a href="http://t.co/3GmJOFU0pd">http://t.co/3GmJOFU0pd</a></p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/statuses/490193981842939904">July 18, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

lol he probably got waived cus he is sucking bad in the summer league

18. Classic

Classic Member

this would make sense then

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I assume the Lakers can offer him the most money. If not, then he might be worth a look. Will we need cap room to sign him, or can we use the MLE?

I wonder what DM thinks of him. My assumption is that he will pass up on him.

20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Please sign him, he'd be a great addition to our team with his playmaking.