1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Statistical Analysis about the ARIZA, PARSONS contracts and working out their value around the leagu

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Voice of Aus, Jul 20, 2014.

1. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Multiplying PER with EWA seems redundant to me. For your purposes, just using EWA would have been fine. EWA is basically PER * minutes anyways.

1 person likes this.
  2. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

allright photos are fixed now finally

3. Voice of Aus

thanks kev, its been pointed a few times that my attempt of creating a metric for this thread is kinda pointless but it was to much work now to go back and change it all.

next time ill try something different and ask CF's before going all the way through with it

4. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Oh sorry if it's already been pointed out. Just read the OP and posted. Didn't mean to pile on.

5. Voice of Aus

all good, criticism and feedback helps me out when i try and do something similiar. i dont get offended as i know my basketball analytical brain and powers pale in comparison to some of the people here.

6. Remii

Remii Member

We'll see when they start playing.

7. zaam

zaam Contributing Member

Sorry you didn't bother to read. It was a rep-worthy effort on the part of Voice of Aus, and I know a lot of folks here appreciate it. Good analysis and a nice change of pace from 80% of the shallow, mindless BS threads started in the GARM.

8. Voice of Aus

its cool, i never think everyone has to enjoy what i write or my opinion its what makes sports interesting.

doing stat analysis' while im not that great at basketball ones now hopefully down the line ill improve and pump out better material

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

You keep saying "we'll see" but there is nothing to see. Unless Parsons doubles his production from last season or Ariza completely flops and halves his production Parsons is overpaid while Ariza is a good value for the team. You had VOA break it down mathematically and logically speaking somebody making 15M should produce double of somebody at 8M.

Its not exactly Rocket science lol, just realize that this is real life and not NBA2K and as such salaries and the cap play a large part in evaluating players.

10. Remii

Remii Member

And that's what we'll have to see... Right...??? Because at the end of the day all questions are answered on the court... Right...??? And not by using math equations or any other kind of guess work.

But yet the Rockets were willing to pay Chris Bosh $20 million per year and his production isn't double over Parsons and he has no post defense. Bosh's production isn't even double of what TJ did and TJ was the better rebounder and shot blocker last season... "Mathematical Logic" works in mysterious ways doesn't it ;)

You bring up NBA2K but yet you're arguing one player is better than another by using math :confused: There really isn't much difference between the two.

11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Math equations... that are dominated by precise data taken from the players' performances,
    you stubborn ass!

j/k It's all in good fun. And yes, we will see if CP is worth about as much as Harden next year. Surely will.

And no equation can tell us how any player will adjust to his new team, whether it's Ariza or Parsons. That's true enough.

12. RememberSura

RememberSura Member

quality aswell, any chance for a pbev calc?

13. i3artow i3aller

Ariza is the man. Dude was taking pics w/ everyone.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

See what you did, Aus... 0.14 posts per day since zaam joined and this one was coming to your aid. Really, great job. We who know, appreciate it.

15. Voice of Aus

Pretty cool, can't say I bump into many nba players over here in aus tbh
    Yep all appreciation is great to see.

16. i3artow i3aller

Fine work there Aus.
    [​IMG]

17. Voice of Aus

<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/Zg2Y4b799fp1C" width="500" height="313" frameBorder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>
    thanks bro

for people who have asked q's about players and other things in rep ill get around to doing them all when my uni week is over

#117 Voice of Aus, Jul 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I agree Ariza was better than Parsons last year because numbers.

My concern is that Ariza the years before that was not very good. And Parsons appears to be getting better.

So we'll see.

19. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kevC
    Multiplying PER with EWA seems redundant to me. For your purposes, just using EWA would have been fine. EWA is basically PER * minutes anyways.

thanks kev, its been pointed a few times that my attempt of creating a metric for this thread is kinda pointless but it was to much work now to go back and change it all.

next time ill try something different and ask CF's before going all the way through with it

Recent Thread - Statistical Analysis on Ariza vs Parsons contrats

Just a questions, do you both of you work for Morey! Enjoyed the stats.