1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trevor Ariza Update

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DorianTurk, Mar 5, 2010.

1. DorianTurk

DorianTurk Member

So today at work Trevor Ariza's cousin came in today for information on stuff and we ended up talking about the rockets (Who guessed that would happen :rolleyes: :cool: ) haha but anyway heres what he said about his injury

1. More serious then media knew as after the philly game he couldnt even walk out of his own car but still found the strength to play those few games before he decided to completely sit. I now have much more respect for the guy

2. He will also not play on this upcoming road trip but will come back next saturday, March 13th, which is also our next home game against New Jersey which i might add is a good game to come back to ;)

also got into the conversation of how the last offseason was and all the shenaniganz with him, artest, and la and all that nonsense

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i think the media knew how serious it was, the fans didn't catch it. They reported he was hurting so much after one game he couldnt even change clothes and went home with his uniform on.

3. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

It's classified as a serious hip pointer. The fans can't read?

4. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

get better ariza. i really want to see how you play now as a 4th option. hopefully you'll comeback and play above our expectations again.

5. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

Most fans don't know about hip pointers and just assume its similar to just a sore muscle since its not a bone/tendon/ligament injury. Get well soon Trevor!

6. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Gotta give it up for him for playing those games that hurt. Get well soon Trevor, we could seriously use you back.

7. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Get Well soon Ariza!, cant wait to see you run with Martin and Brooks.....

--RB

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Some of them can't. For example, many kept refering to it as a hip sprain or a hip strain.

9. W-Mac

W-Mac Contributing Member

I think a lot of people, me included, set unrealistic expectations for him this year. I thought he would come in and be the go-to guy, etc. Some people have that ability and some dont. All that being said, I think Martin and Brooks will take the load off him and make his job easier. His shots will come within the flow of the game, and he's still a solid defender. Get well soon, Trevor!

10. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Good to hear.

Btw, love scrubs. :grin:

11. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

This team has a perpetual injury bug at the wrong times . . .

It's almost like it is never meant to be . . . like a small curse or something. Even if Yao is healthy for the rest of his career, it's like the roving injury bug could move to other players.

Ralph Sampson (in the late 80s)
    Vernon Maxwell (possibly not injured, but dismissed from the team after the 1st playoff game in 95, we still won though, but we could've used his help)
    Charles Barkley (98-99)
    Bobby Sura
    Yao Ming (too many times to count)
    Tracy McGrady (too many times to count)
    Practically half the team in 2007-08 Playoffs
    Dikembe Mutombo (last year's playoff)
    This season: Shane Battier, Kyle Lowry, and now Trevor Ariza

12. scottie brooks

Every team gets bitten by the injury bug Every year. No team nor player is immune.
    That being said... I am sick of it biting us in the @ss every year.

13. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

morey was right, his defense alone justifies his contract. lately our offense has been clicking, but our defense looks abysmal, with lowry shane and ariza all back i really believe we can make a run for portland...there are 22 games left...get er' done

14. bcast89

bcast89 Member

thanks for the info dorianturk. can't believe im saying this but i actually wish that he gets healthy fast because we need him.

15. Drawkwa22

Drawkwa22 Member

16. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

We still have a chance of making the playoffs right after our elite defense players come back and make an impact on our team's defense.

During Ariza's absence of late, it really exposed our weaknesses that without him we're not actually a better team defensively. Wish him the best and hopefully he'll be back in no time.

17. Wack-T-713

Wack-T-713 Member

he was at IAH airport yesterday. Terminal C.
    I wonder where he was headed to

18. SloFo

SloFo Member

Meeting up the team in Minnesota maybe?

19. tomato

tomato Member

TERMINAL C?!?! NO NOT TERMINAL C!!!!! ANYWHERE BUT TERMINAL C WHY TREVOR WHY!!!!!!!!!!

20. Wack-T-713

Wack-T-713 Member

Domestic Departures?
    I work at IAH.
    His girl is bangin