1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wow dwade with 15 FTs?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rhadamanthus, Feb 1, 2007.

1. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

I'm not watching the game, but d-wade has 15 FT in the game vs cleveland. The next closest has 6. I have a hard time believing that this is a legitimate discrepency.

15-15, and suddenly it's close, whereas before cleveland was crushing them.

Anyone watching wanna explain?

EDIT: and now Lebron chokes.

2. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

What an injustice. Dwayne is suppose to get 23 per game.

Someone call stern, we're going to need Dick Bavetta to straighten this out stat.

3. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

I was just about to start a thread on this. Wade just got fouled twice and one of them was and1... :rolleyes:

The first one all he did was drive and jump into Varjejo and he just had his hands up standing there and Wade just flops on the ground and throws the ball off the backboard. Its amazing the freaking calls he is getting.

NBA needs to stop this... Unbelievable hes getting all of these points from running into people. I wouldn't complain if he was getting slapped on the arm or pushed. 11 Ft's per game!

Now he just got slapped by Lebron hard, ouch.

#3 WhoMikeJames, Feb 1, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2007
  4. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

i normally hate the wade free throw express and there have been the usual "defender in perfect position, wade throws hiimself into the guy, refs give hiim ft's" fouls, but wade is taking lebron to ****ing school right now. i know lebron has that injury but the difference has been glaring.

ever since it was 76-64, he has gotten to the line, made big jumpers, picked up an assist while lebron has been impotent and deferred. wade ties it with ft's, then lebron gets to the line and bricks both (like he seemingly always does on big free throws), and then wade gets an and one because the cavs have no idea what they're doing (varejao runs up on wade's left while hughes forces him right, rendering the double useless). that's why i'm starting to think i've overrated lebron for a while. he's not enough of a force down the stretch in games, in terms of aggressiveness or clutchness and isn't a great defender either. he does a lot real well and is way up there, but he's still lacking in certain areas.

and lebron misses another ft, way to step up.

5. francis 4 prez

i guess lebron's about to get suspended?

adds to his clutchness by picking up a flagrant on wade instead of just fouling. wade closing in on the record of 23-23 by dominique. at 20-20 right now. since wade is the golden child and everything goes right for him these days, i'm guessing he gets it. the flagrant gives him 4 ft's on one possession and cleveland will foul again whether they make or miss so he's going to get it. he won't miss.

edit: wow, he missed!

6. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Wouldn't be surprised, unintentional though.

He would of broke the record for most ft's without a miss but he just missed one, haha.

7. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Well Wade earned that trip to the line (yay Lebron)

8. francis 4 prez

nba says you're responsible for your elbows/actions. at least that's what they used as the reason for suspending kobe.

edit: oh please don't let cleveland tie it here, i wanna see spurs/suns over this crap.

9. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

He's the BEST player of that draft, there is no doubt in my mind, you can keep hating on him all you want, he's easily the most mature player of that draft class.

He's easily ahead of Lebron and Carmelo as a player right now, and will remain so until Lebron decides to quit 'cruising' and realize his full potential. He's the most talented player in the league but he just hasn't matured yet as a player.

It almost seems like every superstar swingman has Lebron's number.

Wade is already great, he's the most aggressive player in the league and just plays 'frantic' every minute of every game. His sheer tenacity is almost unmatched.

I can't blame him for taking full advantage of the current NBA rules, he would be an idiot if he didn't. If there is a single player in the league that would deserve that many FTs every game, it's him; there is no one in the league who attacks the basket nearly as recklessly as he does, and he's paid for it on occasions.

#9 tigermission1, Feb 1, 2007
  10. twoface723

twoface723 Member

24 free throws for Wade.Unbelievable. :eek: I don't think Wade is that good but the calls he gets help him out a lot...

11. Russell2000

Russell2000 Member

chanting him all you want, but he is not there yet.. not with 12 Tos...

12. tigermission1

He played bad the first three quarters, then round-kicked Lebron and the entire Cavs team in the fourth.

That IS what great players do: they take over in the clutch.

Of course, that's nothing we don't already know having watched him single-handedly DOMINATE the entire Dallas Mavericks squad on the way to becoming a champion.

As I have said, you can drink all the hatorade you want, but there is just no denying his greatness...

Every guard in the league today can learn something from him, he might be the least talented of the bunch, but no one maximizes his potential like Wade does...he has a ring to prove it.

#12 tigermission1, Feb 1, 2007
  13. tigermission1

It's VERY legitimate...no one attacks the basket or gets body slammed half as much as Wade does.

May be other NBA players need to learn how to do it instead of b****ing about it. The guy is throwing his body out there every single night like it's nothing...it's not his fault that he's one of a handful of players in the league who are fearless and won't avoid physical contact.

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Agreed. There is no denying his greatness, unless you don't want to face reality.

15. Gay4Battier

Gay4Battier Member

Love him or hate him, Wade's body isn’t going to hold up long the way he plays. When your go-to moves are driving to the basket and falling down eventually injuries are going to catch up to you.

16. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

They said the same about AI...and he's held up at that level (and still taking it to the big men) longer than ANYone ever expected. Plus Wade is built bigger than AI by far

17. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

I think it'll be ok not to suspend Lebron.. they called Kobe's an "unnatural basketball motion", whereas you could make a case for Lebron going for the ball, or not being able to stop his momentum, or something like that. Of course, I didn't think Kobe shoulda been suspended either..so who knows

18. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

Yeah Wade is going to have to adjust his game later in his career (or maybe sooner) due to the pounding his body will take but when he gets there it will happen.

Right now his game is working just fine for him, and it's not his fault the refs want to call it his way, he just capitalizes on that opportunity and that's good for him and for Miami. More power to him.

He has a ring already and you can legitimately argue that, although Shaq was a big part in making him good and the team good, he didn't play a huge role in the finals where Wade took over and earned himself the ring.

I don't like Wade getting all the calls either, but he's just capitalizing on the opportunity he's been given.

Remember though, he took it hard to the rack all his career and all his life, and he never got these calls. Now he does the same thing he's been doing his entire career and since he's a superstar, he's getting all the calls. Nothing new. Nothing to be suprised about.

But all objectivity aside, WADE SUCKS. ;)

19. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

That's one of the biggest misconceptions. AI takes it inside but he goes away from contact and tries to draw the most minimal contact possible and being able to draw the foul at the same time. AI tries to brush big people and any minor contact throws him off balance so they give him the foul. AI does not jump into them full force like Wade.

I am not trying to say that Wade will not hold up. I am just saying he takes a lot more physical punishment than AI.

Wade draws legitimate full contact fouls, while AI contorts his body to be able to sliver through and he flops a lot ala Ginobili.

20. tigermission1

I didn't think Kobe should have been suspended for that one either, a simple technical or 'flagrant I' call would have sufficed. However, I think Kobe's history of elbowing his opponents in the jaw/neck/face area has finally caught up to him, and the league decided -- at that point -- to take 'drastic' action to put a stop to it once and for all...I think it will work in the long run, I don't foresee Kobe taking a chance with something like that again.

As for Lebron, he doesn't have that kind of history and isn't know for that, he just doesn't have it in him to play like that, he's not of the same pedigree as Kobe.

At least that's my analysis of the whole situation...