1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jessica Simpson is SINGLE!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rockets34Legend, Oct 5, 2005.

1. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

http://www.gawker.com/news/nick-and...-of-it-nick-and-jessica-to-divorce-129185.php

[​IMG]

If You Love Something, Get Rid of It: Nick and Jessica to Divorce

The image at right (click to enlarge) probably won’t be on the newsstands until 10 A.M. or so, but we don’t see why you should wait for the news: Nick Lachey and Jessica Simpson, America’s Newlyweds, have called it quits. For those of you so self-loathing as to closely follow these things, you’ll recall that in May, E! online reported that the couple had filed for divorce, only to mysteriously retract the story an hour later. But you knew, right then, that this was coming, didn’t you?

The couple is waiting to make an official announcement later in the month (at the appropriate career opportunity, we’re sure), but according to Us Weekly’s scoop — kept so under wraps that employees were not allowed to receive their advance issues yesterday, presumably for fear that People might rape and pillage the story — the marriage has been dead for some time. Well, duh.

The article has a laundry list of contributions to the break-up (mostly blamed on Jessica), including creepy-dad Joe Simpson, Jessica’s “diva” behavior, and her fondness for whiskey on the rocks. One of those ubiquitous sources close to the couple says, “Jessica’s the problem. She’s not the girl America fell in love with anymore.” Oh, young America, were you ever really in love with her? Or were you just lusting? C’mon, be honest.

And now, a moment of silence, please, so that we might hear the sound of every magazine editor in town simultaneously ****ting themselves.

[​IMG]

#1 Rockets34Legend, Oct 5, 2005
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2005
  2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

INSERT TYPICAL RM95 COMMENT ABOUT SANCTITY OF MARRIAGE WHENEVER ONE OF THESE FAUX CELEBRITY MARRIAGES BREAK UP

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

well that's shocking.

4. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Mr. Simpson, you owe it to the rest of the world to encourage your daughter Jessica to become an adult movie actress.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

Is that a real information magazine. Cause it has Paris stealing Kates Boyfriend in the upper right.

6. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Ha ha ha

7. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I think she wants me. She kicked him to the curb because she wants to be with me.

8. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

Newsday covered it:

Report: Nick and Jessica split

http://www.newsday.com/entertainment/ny-etsimp1006,0,1316493.story?coll=ny-entertainment-headlines

Zap2It.com

October 5, 2005, 1:46 PM EDT

They've teased us and teased us, and now it seems that Nick Lachey and Jessica Simpson have decided to put us out of our misery. The pop music couple whose marital discord was documented on MTV's "Newlyweds" is reportedly splitting.

Celebrity gossip magazine US Weekly's cover story lays the blame on Simpson's doorstep, with a headline declaring, "Details on Jessica & Nick's last days -- and how her ego, partying and dad drove them apart."

Followers of the bickering couple may recall that earlier in the year, an online story about the chanteuse filing for divorce was leaked and immediately pulled. Rumor has it that although the story was genuine, Simpson wanted to wait a few months to officially file in order to discredit the website.

Nick and Jessica's obvious incompatibility has sparked rumors of a split on and off ever since their MTV show aired. If a production assistant at the 2004 Rockefeller Center Tree Lighting ceremony is to be believed, Simpson alternately ignored and yelled at Lachey, who didn't bother to conceal his own bitterness. In an email circulating the Internet, the PA says that when the former 98 Degrees singer was asked for comments that could be used for Simpson's introduction, he replied, "Not too many nice things to say about her ... How about she was the best stocking I ever stuffed? She was the best chimney I've ever come down on." The words were allegedly said angrily, without any indication of humor.

Other rough spots along the way include rumors of Simpson's coziness with "Dukes of Hazzard" co-star Johnny Knoxville and her father Joe Simpson's creepy interest in her career and bosom:eek:. Simpson, 25, appeared with her husband on "Newlyweds" and on variety and USO specials on ABC. She made her silver screen debut as Daisy Dukes in this summer's "Dukes of Hazzard."

Lachey, 31, has been making a name for himself separate from the blonde diva. He's currently contributing to ESPN's "College GameDay" and recently signed a talent deal with The WB, the network that gave him a recurring part on "Charmed" last season. He's also made guest appearances on "Hope & Faith" and "I'm with Her" and co-starred in the ABC pilot "Hot Mom" in 2004.

Well there you have it. So which newly-single Houston girl do y'all think you've got a better chance with? Jessica or Renee?

9. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Go get her, Tiger! :D

10. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

What a shocking turn of events, I couldn’t have ever seen that coming… :rolleyes:

11. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

A friend of mine who works at a tanning salon saw Jessica Simpson when Houston was hosting the Super Bowl. She came into his salon, with her friend, to get a tan a couple days before the game. When she was done he kept the towel that was used to clean the sweat off her tanning bed. I told him to sell it on Ebay, but he wanted to keep it for his own personal use. I guess something's just don't have a price.

12. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

[​IMG]

"OMG.. that's the grossest thing I've ever heard in my life"

13. GRENDEL

That guy might be interested in those panties on Ebay, you should shoot him the link

14. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

So she's single - it isn't like any of the 16,015 (excluding Isabel, akperez, and the other few female posters here) dorks here have a chance with her. :p :D

#14 Manny Ramirez, Oct 5, 2005
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2005
  15. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

They grow potatoes in Idaho.

16. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

hmm, didn't know that JS swung that way. hawtness. pics plz.

And who knew we had such a strong lesbian following on clutchfans? Must be the affiliation with the comets I guess.

17. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

I like to think that I played a part in the breakup. I'm actually friends with her cousin - I'm going to try to work that angle.

18. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Now I have a chance to hit this...
    [​IMG]

Nick will be alright...He's going to get paid and get laid as he'll have no problem getting a new lady friend...You knew this was coming, but also, at least to me, with her being church going, etc., she probably wasn't any good in bed as she was a virgin and inexperienced when they met...Now that she's whored around, I'm ready for her... ;)

19. akperez

akperez Contributing Member

Maybe..... if she's got that geek fetish everyone has been raving about around here!

20. GRENDEL