1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden is not on an ALL NBA team for 2015/16

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, May 26, 2016.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This is true. It's all about perception. Up to Harden to improve his.

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Wow, that was legit.

But nah it's just "cherry picking".

Let me give some folks a little lesson in the art of metaphor - cherry picking in this context would mean something like finding a few outlier metrics ("cherries") amidst an otherwise bleak and barren harvest of metrics.

The problem is that Harden had a beast of a season in almost every category, traditional, advanced, etc....even the ones that penalize for turnovers.

You don't need to go hunting for cherries-there's a whole ****ing crate of them on your door step. That's not opinion it's just reality.

He had his second best seasonas a pro, obviously deserved all nba, but was punished due to narrative and his moral transgressions against the NBA media much like post decision LeBron.

C'est last vie....but "cherry picking" stats isn't really necessary when you have your giant ****ing cherry statsticles hanging free for the world to see.

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Everyone get your shots in now!

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15773977/new-rockets-coach-style-fits-nba-today

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/oleKfixy-7A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#304 J.R., May 27, 2016
    Last edited: May 27, 2016
  5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

No kidding. Next it will be his wardrobe. It doesn't matter that more than half the stars in this league wear crazy **** (and who cares?), this is JAMES HARDEN we're talking about. Rumor is that Sir Charles is going to do an entire bit on Harden's socks, and it ain't complimentary. Stay tuned.

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

media conspiracy

7. Harden's beard

it actually is

http://thesportsquotient.com/nba/2016/5/27/i-get-it-but-james-harden-should-have-made-an

but even more importantly, Harden is a SG who happens to know how throw a good pass (which is pretty rare, I might add). Of course, he will be looking to score first when he has the ball, comparing him to a legit PG like Nash is just stupid.

8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I appreciate the heads up about that article, I hadn't run across it before. You should also post this in the Hangout, the D&D, CF Feedback, and every other forum. There may be others who haven't seen it yet. Get the word out. People need to know this.

9. Harden's beard

what you don't realize is you're doing that on my behalf right now, so keep it up :grin:

10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

He better not post that bull**** article on my rep thread or feedback section.

11. Mr Chuck Norris

I'll also quote this

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<script src="http://player.espn.com/player.js?playerBrandingId=4ef8000cbaf34c1687a7d9a26fe0e89e&adSetCode=91cDU6NuXTGKz3OdjOxFdAgJVtQcKJnI&pcode=1kNG061cgaoolOncv54OAO1ceO-I&width=576&height=324&externalId=espn:15772050&thruParam_espn-ui[autoPlay]=false&thruParam_espn-ui[playRelatedExternally]=true"></script>

1 person likes this.
  13. dream2franchise

Good lord those guys got PAID for this drivel?

14. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

He deserved to get let off.

What does it say about the rockets to build around a guy whos not even All NBA material? This team wont be a title contender anytime soon with Harden as a No.1 go to guy

15. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Went to the WCF last year after striking out on Melo and signing/adding random guys like Brewer/Smoove/etc.

He put up 29/8.5/6 single handedly taking them to the playoffs. He did not deserve to get left off and you are a moron for thinking so.

16. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

So let me get this straight. The people defending James here are saying that he had an incredible STATISTICAL season and he set records in a variety of areas - well that begs a question then. Why don't these advanced stats translate to wins? If he had the season that computers tell us he did, we should not have been a 41 win team. And he did have teammates despite what this website's narrative says. He had teammates that he didn't trust on offense and teammates that didn't trust him on defense. Making his offensive numbers swell like implants and the losses stack up like cord wood.

Ask yourself, how many times do you see Harden get hockey assists? He always goes for the skip pass instead of the swing/swing that gets the defense rotating. It's stuff like this that the stats do not pick up on, while human eyes do.

17. Drogba

Drogba Member

We had a Top 10 offense last year because of him idiot. We had a mediocre record because we were one of the worst defensive teams in the League.

18. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

All the gaudy my,beers led to him being 6th in the league in win shares. You know, an estimate of how many wins a player produced.

I do ask myself sometimes when the last time Harden got a hockey assist. I looked up the information I was looking for and wouldn't you know it, this season Harden was tied with Draymond Green for 7th overall in hockey assists per game.

19. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Fixed

20. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

The stuff that you are talking about is picked up by on/off stats, and fairly easily at that. Nothing really advanced about it statistically.

why do you automatically assume that his team mates weren't bad? It seems to be that your eye test isn't very good at reading what James team mates do when they are off the ball. You can't really take the biggest point that website is making (James isn't the problem, his team mates are) and just chuck it up as false, especially when other people's eye test see that his team mates actually ARE significantly worse than even last year.