1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Feigen] Kenny Smith will NOT be the next HC

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, May 16, 2016.

1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I like Barkley. To add to that list.

Trump's bodyguard.
    Méxicos president.
    Meek Mills manager
    Rookie under the Rockets.

2. OremLK

OremLK Member

Give me Messina. If he's good enough for Pop, he's good enough for me.

3. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Actually I found this quite funny - especially the one about Ted Cruz's Manager. After all, Morey and the Rockets opened themselves up to this stuff when they went out and interviewed an NBA TV analyst with no coaching background. That always struck me as some sort of PR stunt or lame attempt at misdirection on their part. Oh well...

4. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

To say that the Rockets are amateurish for doing their due diligence is pretty narrow minded but people will never happy no matter what you do.

You might flirt with a crush for years thinking she's the one but then go on a date with someone you just met and end up married to her instead.

5. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

I wanna add to the list as well
    Matt Shuab's wide receivers
    Blue Bell Public Relations manager
    High School restroom monitor during State Testing
    Shaq's towel boy

6. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

I can be happy with anyone but Kenny (I gave myself a nickname "Jet") Smith.

7. Drogba

Drogba Member

You're a ****ing idiot.

8. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

don't get the Ted Cruz manager thing

9. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

That was my prediction for his not being HC in my previous post.

1 person likes this.
  10. Harden's beard

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">According to Calvin Watkins, Kenny Smith asked the Rockets for an interview and the Rockets granted him it. The Rockets didn't seek him out.</p>&mdash; Red Nation Hoops (@RedNationHoops) <a href="https://twitter.com/RedNationHoops/status/734477644570365952">May 22, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Embarrassingly weak source citing a weak source, but either way, meh.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

shocker :eek::eek:

jk, lmao

13. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

You realize that Steve Kerr was an NBA analyst with no coaching experience when he was hired by GS? Same for Mark Jackson.

14. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

That is factually correct but there is a great difference between Kerr & Smith. Kerr was the President Of Basketball Operations and General Manager for the Phoenix Suns in 2007. Previously, he'd been an advisor to Robert Sarver, the Managing Partner of the Suns since 2004. He retired from the Suns in 2010. He then returned as a color commentator on TNT until he took the head coaching position at GS in 2014.

On the other hand, Kenny Smith joined Turner Sports in 1998 and is on TNT's Inside The NBA with you-know-who. He also occasionally appears on NBA TV as a basketball analyst. So even though both served stints in the broadcast booth, it is Kerr with the actual experience working in a basketball operation. This gives him the edge over Kenny in my book. As for Mark Jackson you do have a point because he did get GS to 51-31 and a playoff slot but what I find interesting is that since being let go by GS, no other organization has been interested in giving him another shot. His name did not come up for none of the numerous openings this season especially here with the Rockets. That says a lot in my book.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

To be a Dounut in Barkley's hands