1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Possible Replacement Starting PG - Corey Brewer?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crossover, Mar 25, 2015.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Prigs runs like a girl and I cringe watching him on D. Rather see Nick instead, both inconsistent offensively but Nick is more explosive and will at least rebound and play tough D.

And to end tight games, rather see D-Mo instead of Howard.

2. sweetbobl

sweetbobl Member

I like the lineup down the stretch. Save Brew's energy for late in games. Brew & Ariza's length would wreak havoc.

3. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

im all for it. him and harden could take turns runing the offense. he's fast enough to defend most pgs. the bench takes a hit but will be fine. still got smith jones/dmo and kostas is good for spot minutes.

remember with dwight we wont need the bench to score a lot anyway.

4. knucklehead3321

Would we be able to get some sort of injured player exception? Is it too late for that? I know the league has to approve such a deal. I know even if we did, no real player out there would help all that much im just concerned prigs and jets legs might fall off....

5. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

As others have mentioned the Harden/Ariza/Brewer lineup has been used effectively to close out games. But you need Brewer off the bench to be the most effective. Similarly to Dorsey's role as a starter, Terry should start and the aforementioned lineup should get more minutes over the course of the game.

6. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Why not use KJ McDaniels as the 2 guard and Harden as the point. It leaves the rest of the rotation alone. Or try first Johnson and then KJ to see who is best. We can always plug in the old vets if needed after a few games.

7. Stardog75

Stardog75 Member

I've been crushing my opponent's dreams with this exact lineup on 2K15 which obviously means this is the best solution in real life too!

8. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

...this is where it really frustrates me that McHale hasn't given McDaniels playing time. Is he the long term answer? No. But would it be nice right about now if he had sniffed some playing time with the 2nd unit - absolutely. If the best we can do is Jet & Prigioni for 20 minutes and Brewer for the rest, McDaniels will have to step into that 2nd unit and be the disrupter that Brewer is or at very least be a guy who takes other team's possessions away with good defense.

Give the kid some burn NOW before it's too late and we are forced to insert him in the middle of a playoff game when Prigioni & Jet are getting eaten alive.

9. knucklehead3321

Couldn't have said it better! He needs to get used to this team on court if anyone expects him to do anything significant in the playoffs. You can't depend on jet or prigs come playoffs we're really gonna need him if one of those guys go down ( high chance for 2 38yr old guys) or get in foul trouble look at who they have to guard (curry, conely, lillard, paul, parker, ellis, westbrook) thats just in the west. Each team has a all star caliber player at the PG position we're gonna need fresh legs.

10. photojoe

photojoe Member

Would you rather Terry or Prigioni chase good point guards all game?

I think we will definitely have to adopt a PG by committee approach

11. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

Use him like when Chicago put Pippen on Mark Jackson?

12. rocketseagles07

No. Brewer is too erratic w/ his handle. Start him next to harden and bring k-pap off the bench.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

again KJ as a rookie is not going to get any pt on a true contending team if all wing players are healthy. it shouldn't be that hard to understand for those calling for him to play.

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

It could not hurt to at least try it before postseason. Not a lot of faith in heavy minutes for 2 guys pushing 40.