1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Kids these days are idiots] Another racist frat boy caught in the act

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by s land balla, Mar 17, 2015.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

At the "expense of other groups" is a disingenuous sentiment. But yes... hell ****ing yes, if the state has been responsible for 400 years of continuous racist policies that disproportionally stifled educational opportunities to one specific race, that one specific race deserves special entitlement, and yes that includes recent ancestors to the victims of state sponsored racism, unless you believe that poverty and a lack of proper education is not inherited majority of the time.

2. dback816

dback816 Member

How is it not at the expense of other groups?

Just look at this thread. More people are outraged by a rap influenced white kid dropping the n word than anything else and completely neglects the direct implication of date rape in the email.

3. fchowd0311

What does that have anything to do with what the state ought to do?

4. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

5. dback816

dback816 Member

Because the state is made up of people just like any organization?

And when the majority are brainwashed into thinking only one group deserves special handholding, it's a problem?

6. Remii

Remii Member

The Jim Crow era is alive and well.

Do you make that same argument for Israel and Jews...

7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm saying any racism is bad, and I've said that racism by whites is/has been more damaging.

But a minority of whites are racist, and to hold past transgressions against all whites is racist. The majority of black folks don't do that and I wouldn't consider them racist. But for any that do, it is racist.

I'm trying to do the opposite of arguing that all racism is the same. But no racism is good no matter who is committing the racism.

8. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I, and I think most of the people in this thread brought up multiple issues. I said that more important the racist and even date-rape issue is the issue of protecting privacy. To me that is the biggest issue from the OP which wasn't actually even stated.

But the racism against all groups, misogyny, and everything is troubling that a youth would hold or express those views.

But as to affirmative action, then it is okay for the one group who has had all the advantages and used those advantages to lose some of those in an effort to level the playing field.

But in affirmative action by and large only qualified candidates are accepted. It isn't as if unqualified are routinely accepted while qualified candidates lose out and have no other options.

9. Remii

Remii Member

And as I pointed out earlier in the 1st post you responded to... I'm not talking about past transgressions. I'm talking about right now. Do you not see the article above about the black man being lynched... Did you not see the reports of what the police department in Ferguson was doing... That goes on in a lot of places in this country not just Ferguson. That's why I say with most black people racism is confused with resentment, anger, bitterness, emotional pain, fear, etc. with shyt like this going on.

Now if it was a fair playing field with equal treatment I would agree with you... But it's not. At one point in this country black folks made up 28% of the military and no less than 20% up until 2000 (that's a big percentage considering they only make up around 13% of the population). Black folks help defend this country and still don't get treated equally.

All racism is bad but in a modern civilized world there's no excuse for unfair treatment by the system. And even if only a minority of white folks are racist... They still are the majority and have a bigger voice on how the system is run. That is why in my opinion all racism isn't the same.

10. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Yes, and I've not denied that racism is still happening, and I've complained about it all over these boards over the past few years.

I understand resentment, and black folks in the U.S. should be mad at the way they are treated by the criminal justice system, employment discrimination is huge etc. All of that should get everyone in the U.S. upset, not just African-Americans. And everyone should be shouting out loud about it, and complaining and protesting and getting changes made in order to make as much improvement as possible.

But blaming everyone belonging to the white race for that isn't productive, and it isn't effective at combating the situation. I am as progressive as can be regarding affirmative action, racism, etc. But I'd rather do things that help rather than things that hurt the cause.

11. Exiled

Exiled Member

This guy " Hurwitz "comes from the same race of "Donald Sterliing .."

And it's not a surprise at all, this how they behave in Israel .

12. fchowd0311

ATW... this is a poster that if you labeled anti-Semitic, I would actually agree.

13. Exiled

Exiled Member

Some people have problem with facts , their mind is already made up..

Anyhow , Donald Tokowitze Sterling gave a clear explanation to his behaviour in this link below

http://sotomayortv.com/sterlingblacksjews/