1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Note to Morey: Your going about this wrong

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GoRox2013, Jun 16, 2014.

1. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

IMO Chasing Carmelo is NOT the best basketball move. Yes we'll be a great regular season team & sell tickets w/ Melo (just like we were this year), but being a contender starts with the COACHING. People can make all the excuses they want about why Miami lost. But coaching is the biggest reason the Spurs dominated Miami. Popovich properly rested his best players the last 5-6 seasons JUST FOR the finals. He also got the most out of his role players like Diaw, Leonard & Mills (which Mchale hasn't figured out:rolleyes:). When I look at the offense the Spurs run it's almost embarrassing thinkin about how Moreyball works. The Spurs win with MOVEMENT. Off the ball screens, baseline pindowns, pick and rolls etc, not ISO plays. These are reasons guys like Mills & Green & Leonard are constantly open. Also the same reason why guys like Troy Daniels don't get enough shots and are almost NEVER open.

Adding another superstar is NOT our biggest need. We have too many players playing out of position. The first biggest roster need is a quality veteran PG (Lowry, Rondo) that'll assist & create for others. No knock on Bev but I'd like to see his energy coming off the bench. The 2nd biggest roster need is a suitable PF (David West, Zach Randolph, Luis Scola etc) that can hit a midrange jumper & post up. I know Dwight can post up, but it'll help him to have a PF that can take the pressure off. Morey needs to really re-evaluate our team and fire Mchale asap. I think we need to use a more conventional style of offense, with small ball used in stretches NOT for the whole game. Then we need to focus on filling out our bench. This I think he can do easily given our track record on finding hidden gems (Pat Bev, Troy Daniels, Chandler Parsons). All in all, WE ARE NOT THAT FAR FROM COMPETING. Why throw all our $$$ in Melo (or K.Love) when the percentages say it doesn't work. Where am I wrong?

1 person likes this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

Hmmm...

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

*you're

3 people like this.
  4. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

You spelled your wrong.

1 person likes this.
  5. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

I see the spell check police are out

6. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Ughh...

7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

What you said absolutely makes sense, but don't expect the local minions to concede. They would follow him off of a cliff.

8. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Of their starting lineup, who is playing out of position? When Lin and Asik, replace Beverley and Howard, who is playing out of position? When a shooting guard or small forward replaces Howard or Harden, who is playing out of position?

9. TheJet

TheJet Member

It's because this topic is being debated in at least two other threads.

Short version: Coaching plays a part but it's not the end all be all of why the Spurs are great.

But I'll bite. The Spurs do run ISO plays. And correct me if I'm wrong, but you're singing the praises of coaching then proceed to list our player needs. PG. PF that can shoot. See where I'm going here?

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Not that people, including me, don't make spelling mistakes when posting on the internet. But when you are posting an emphatic topic purporting to lecture the GM of the team on how to do his job, it's kind of one situation where you want to make sure the words are spelled correctly if you want folks to take you seriously.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The same Spurs team lost last year. What was the lesson then? Get a bunch of studs, right? Miami only had 1 stud this time around. Who won the year before that? Oh yeah, the team with the studs (Miami).

Before that? Dallas with a well coached, deep team. Hmm...

You can win in different ways in the NBA. But more often than not the team with the best players wins. The Spurs win 1 title with their current strategy (JUST 1) and everything else flies out the window, right?

How many titles did the Jazz win?

12. Play07

Play07 Member

what you said has many good points that many users argue here often, but when talking about MOREY understand people treat him like hes jim jones in the 90s here. he can do no wrong and they will always follow his lead.

13. treyk3

treyk3 Member

14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Probably appeared that they had 1 stud because of the D the spurs played. Its not like the Heat were playing like that against their previous 3 opponents.

15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I don't blame them. It's a simple word: you're, your.

Like the people who keep misspelling "it's" and "its". Suddenly the extraneous apostrophe "s" ('s) starts falling into plural words: "In my opinion, the Rocket's need to...."

Ugh.

Anyway, you're right about McHale, but what's to be done? Les seems to like holding onto his coaches for four years at a time.

2 people like this.
  16. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Those guys? No they are idiot detectives.

1 person likes this.
  17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Your all idiot's.

2 people like this.
  18. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Included in the previous opponents of SAS was an 8th seed that took them to 7 games and a #2 seed that took them to 6.

The Spurs' gauntlet was doubtlessly more challenging than the one the Heat took to The Finals. What does that mean? Probably little more than the West is best and the road to the ultimate prize is across harder macadam than for the East squads.

19. Nook

Nook Member

Jim Jones in the 90's?

Hmmm..

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

It's not spelling, it's grammar.

He spelled "your" correctly.