1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Classic

Classic Member

Parsons. LOL, best recruiter eva!

2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Tremendous reporting Clutch! What a great article! Wow.

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

Ha! :grin:

4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Easy there, I don't think Lin has that kind of ego. I dislike LOF's as much as the next guy, but I think Lin has paid the price for Linsanity causing him to be overrated.

5. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

yes Fegan is a douche

also I will be more patient ... for now :grin:

6. hotballa

It will be great watching King1 try to find new troll bait material once the Jeremy Lin well is dry. Another passive aggressive attention-whoring CF poster who thinks he's not another passive aggressive attention w**** troll.

7. hotballa

wait wait wait, so does this mean CP was effing waiting to goto the Mavs before last season even started??!?! Eff him. I am done with him.

8. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

The more information that comes out, the more it seems like Cuban made that offer just to mess with Morey and our cap situation. I think Cuban thought that Morey would get his target (Bosh, Melo and the like) and then resign Parsons so he might as while make Morey sign Parsons at a near max contract with undesirable trade restrictions. Cuban's version of a poison contract. Cuban probably had very little interest in Parsons until he saw an opportunity to mess with Morey. I don't see any logical thinking towards paying Parsons that much and on that type of contract.

Funny thing is that Cuban's plan basically blew up on him as he now has that poison contract to deal with. Morey didnt get his 3rd star but at least we don't have that horrible contract to deal with the next 3 years.

9. IvanLCPM

IvanLCPM Member

Well... that makes sense. At the time I didn't understand why Morey let Parsons out of his contract, but now things are clear.

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

It's only a two year deal...Mavs weren't winning anything as is either, so they needed another guy to help Dirk and Monta. He over paid, but the alternative was waiting a year to get someone and Dirk isn't getting any younger. He'll get plenty of money in Bieber sales from this and it'll stir some excitement in Dallas.

11. King901

King901 Member

Your sig sounds like harely quinn.

12. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

Ridiculous if true. Parsons "Im the best SF in this series"

13. baubo

baubo Member

Probably. I do think everyone involved believed the Rockets would match. I think the only reason why we would not is the resulting hitting the cap apron. If you replace one of our minimum contracts with Parsons, I think we'd be pushing $80mil in capspace right now, right at the apron. Meaning we can't use Lin's TE or take on more salary in any trade.

As much I hate the fact that Morey talks about flexibility all the time, I have to admit that if you simply add Parsons to this roster and say we're basically set, I don't really see a team that can compete with OKC or Spurs. Whereas if we can swing a midseason deal for Rondo or Millsap or someone else who becomes available, we do have a much better shot.

14. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

The funny thing is that his posts actually make me want to root for Parsons and Lin to succeed. Just to see the troll squirm.

15. ZomgZ

ZomgZ Member

excellant since now this mofo wants to play in dallas.. bah

16. PeppermintCandy

So, the end result is similar to the Rockets "trading" Parson in order to get Howard. Acceptable swap.

17. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Says the dude who spent his Saturday night on an NBA message board.

18. King1

King1 Contributing Member

It does not surprise me that you would root for two of our biggest rivals due to getting upset on an internet message board. A true sign of mental weakness.

19. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

What do you expect? Cuban is an insider trader, scumbag and a cheat.

20. houactuar

houactuar Member

I want to thank clutch for the article which I retread this morning.

This is what I wonder:

1) wouldn't such a deal to let parsons go a year early be against league rules?
    2) if Dwight wanted to be in houston, why is Fegan allowed to use his client Howard as leverage to help a different player. That seems to me to be some sort of malfiesciene or dereliction of duty or a breach of his fiduciary duty. An agent is supposed to work and negotiate on behalf of his client, in this case Howard. If Howard wanted to be in Houston then it should be a done deal. Having to make a deal to please the agent seems like politics and political corruption. Dwight should fire Fegan unless he gets a big cut of parsons $45 contract cause I don't see how negotiating that as a condition helps Dwight. If parsons is a good player, doesn't it hurt Dwight to not have him on the rockets for cheap this year? If this hurts Dwight's chances at a title, how many millions does Dwight lose by not winning a title? How much would Dwight's stock increase with a title? Imagine the national endorsement deals Dwight misses out on IF parsons not being here for cheap is the razor thin difference in winning a title or losing in the playoffs? I can see many arguments that Fegan did not act in his clients best interests if he placed this condition on the rockets in acquiring Dwight.

That being said, I hope the rockets do not sign any future clients of Fegan. I hope Dwight fires his agent. I don't think his agent helped Dwight with this contract negotiation. Finally, I think ariza is a better match for a team built around harden and Howard as ariza is a better perimeter defender with a higher 3 ball accuracy and this compliments what harden or Howard will do which is put pressure on the interior defense and then kick out to spot up shooter- classic inside out ball. Ariza knows how to play that roll as he won a chip with Kobe and gasol with the lakers. Harden is our Kobe, Howard is our gasol and ariza is ariza. So the blueprint is there, we just need the 4 and the 1 to step up to their A games and we have a nucleus that makes us a better contender than with parsons as the third best player.

I will say it again, but addition by subtraction. We are a better TEAM without Parsons. I admit he was a flashy player who could drive and dunk, but that will win less games than solid unflashy defense and team ball. Didn't we see Parsons disappear in the Portland series? He was not the best forward in the series. He did not distinguish himself or show himself worthy of the poison contract Fegan drafted and Cuban signed.

Like clutch says, we still have flexibility to acquire some talent before the trade deadline. Either way, this team can come together and be a better team and contender than they were last year. I think this team with or without a trade would beat Portland in the playoffs, and we have added upside with the flexibility to add even another player later in the year.

The team that wins championships is not the team that signs Parsons to an outrageous contract. In Morey we trust. Go Rockets.

P.s. Howard, fire Fegan, he did not negotiate your deal to help you. He used you when he was supposed to be helping you to instead line his own pockets. That's not only wrong, it should be illegal if not a violation of agent ethics.