1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ballstream.com because this CSN mess sucks!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Ultimate6thMan, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

Somebody send me an invite, as well. This was my plan to avoid paying Comcast this season!!! Didn't think you needed an invite!! :/

2. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I think you can use anyone's referral link. Check the previous page for a few and pick one!

3. HoustonTexas

HoustonTexas Member

So does anyone know if we paid $60 for last season, will we be getting the same price for the 2014-2015 season?

4. CCapps

CCapps Contributing Member

I think the referral links that you guys posted expired. If someone could post another I would greatly appreciate it and give you rep!

5. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

I tried to use one of the links, too, and it didn't work. Just go ahead and register through their website and it will ask you to fill out the invitation form. They accepted my invitation within 24 hours, and I was able to register.

1 person likes this.
  6. CCapps

CCapps Contributing Member

thanks man appreciate it!

7. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Damn. I am SO ready for this season.

8. airbulllard

airbulllard Contributing Member

Wanted to update you guys: Last season, I got the discounted rate for the one year subscription for $62.99.

Going off what a previous poster stated, I opted for the automatic renewal through PayPal, and this morning, Ballstreams renewed my 1 year subscription for this season for the same $62.99 fee.

I would go the auto-renewal via PayPal route if you got the discount from last season.

9. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

I was thinking about dropping Comcast. Was ballstream worth it last year? No blackouts on Rocket games, or are the national games still blacked out.

10. airbulllard

Bstreams to me was absolutely worth it. Got to watch every single rockets game, either Live, On-Demand if I missed it, or even if I just missed the start, I could watch from the beginning and catch up by fast forwarding all the commercials.

There are no games that are blacked out, ever. Every game for every team. And for most games (not every single one), you could choose between the away/home local broadcast.

1 person likes this.
  11. Nero

Nero Member

Hopefully this year they will do a better job of getting the Houston feed.. way too many times we were stuck watching the other teams' feeds, and it's just weird and ... not right.

12. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Yeah, they said they've upgraded their system by 500%. That means, maybe, a guaranteed Home feed for all teams? *fingers crossed!

"2014-2015 Season
    Hey folks,
    Our first full season is in the books, and it was a ton of fun! Here's what you can expect for the upcoming season.

- 720p, 60 frames-per-second feeds
    - 100% coverage of all games
    - INCREASED availability of home and away feeds
    - instant archives
    - iPhone, iPad, Android, Roku, XBMC, PS3, XBOX360, Samsung Smart TV, TiVo, DirecTV Set-top boxes, and thousands of more device access
    - Chromecast support (yay gadjex)
    - and much, much more!

We have upgraded our infrastructure by 500% over last season to ensure some hiccups that were experienced last season do not happen again. Unfortunately this will cause us to raise pricing slightly this season (10%).
    - See more at: http://www4.ballstreams.com/support...nts/6043/20142015+Season#sthash.47wA8eL3.dpuf
    "

13. accordi4

accordi4 Member

I just signed up! I don't have cable so this will have to do. Hope it was a good decision.

14. airbulllard

Thanks for the update. I didn't really have any complaints about last season, so if they're somehow going to improve the service, even better. Literally has been the best $ I've spent in a long time.

15. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Hey guys just a heads up. If you sign up today the price will be $89.99 for the calendar year. If you wait until tomorrow, there will be a $10 price bump ($99.99)

Invite/Referral Link

16. dragician

dragician Member

so we're not getting rockets game if we dont have CSN? i thought this was bought already by ATT.

17. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I'm definitely renewing. It was really nice especially late in the season when teams were fighting it out for seeding. And of course if the Rockets still aren't on Uverse by the start of the season, it's a must have for any fan.

18. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Not a done deal yet.

19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

An plan to purchase the network was put forth by Uverse and DirecTV. The judge will review it and speak on it October 6.

20. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Is this App or whatever it is available for Roku?