1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Things to do in Houston?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by madsaaa93, Jul 26, 2014.

1. madsaaa93

madsaaa93 Member

Hey all,

Hopefully traveling to the states in Nov/Dec (from Australia) as a graduation present to myself and hoping to catch the Rockets playing in Houston. Just a quick question, as I'm hoping to travel around is there anything else worth seeing/doing in Houston? Not really one for museums but love sports and most other things. Just so I can plan how long to stay in Houston for. Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers

2. Exiled

Exiled Member

If i remember things well since I have been out of Houston for long time, the best thing is going to S.Antonio,Austin and stay away from a street name Montrose or something like that:)

3. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Graduating college I assume? Hit me up when you get to the states. American strip clubs FTW.

4. rhino17

rhino17 Member

In before "Treasures"

5. madsaaa93

madsaaa93 Member

yep university! haha i'm actually a chick so i'm good but thanks for the suggestion

1 person likes this.
  6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Not really a good place for sightseeing, more of a good place to live. Johnson Space Center is probably worth a trip though maybe have dinner at Taste of Texas for a good steak, great service. See a Texans game and tailgate. The weather is pretty awesome in November so you'll be fortunate. Maybe drive to College Station and see an Aggies game, crowd is pretty awesome there, good atmosphere. Drive up to Austin for great barbecue. The Alamo in San Antinio.

7. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

Showpalace. You can thank me later.

1 person likes this.
  8. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If you're into that sort of thing (that sort of thing being weird, bland nebulous modern art), Rothko Chapel and the Menil Collection next door are pretty notable among aficionados.

9. mikus

mikus Member

If you want to watch some American Football, you can also catch a Texans game while in town. NFL games are on Sunday. I worked at an Australian company, so when visitors came to town, we pretty much settled on some standard activities. Lots of Aussies enjoy a visit to NASA, a trip to the shooting range, take in a sports event involving, baseball, basketball, or football, and restaurant trips for a good steak and some good Tex-mex. Plus the bars in midtown. Most Aussies i know also like to drink.

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What about the Colorado Bar and grill?

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

Go to a Starbucks or some local coffee shop, open up laptop, surf CF. We will find you.

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

BRUH

Whats there not to do it Htown??

First, shopping.

We have a great selections of speakers, rim's and swangas and exceptional pop trunk kits if for you to make your slab icy. After you get some speakers, make sure to remove the insulation from your car, in order to have the true htown speaker system experience, your car MUST rattle. We also have some of the best indoor mar1juana and unprescribed cough medicine in the USA for you to purchase. The highest quality comes from acres homes.

Second, activities!

So your slab has been tricked, your pockets are full of dime bags, and your hands are holding some styrofoam cups, now what? You pop your trunk, light that blunt, roll down your windows, crank ur stereo to the max, hold your drank out the window and proceed to switch lanes back and forth profusely, make sure to use your blinkers though, don't want to get pulled over now.

Music

I'm sure you'v been wondering what you will be banging with your bumping stereo system. None else then Houston's very own Screw. Basically go online, look up rap a lot records, and download all the music you can from musicians who are signed to their label and your basically set.

hope I helped, have FUN bro!!

13. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I love Houston, but if your main goal is seeing the Rockets and you are limited by a vacation, I'd recommend seeing them on the road in a more vacation-friendly city.

Where else did you plan on visiting, OP?

14. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

-Def hit up a texans game
    -shooting range is a good call... Some skeet or clays would be real fun
    -Def hit up a top notch steakhouse like Vic & Anthony's or pappas bros and get some real tex next at ninfas on navigation, little pappasitos, el tiempo or Irma's. Houston's food/drink scene is actually top notch, you should be able to eat well everyday
    -rent a bike and cruise around the new buffalo bayou park
    -grab a margarita from the pastry war downtown, frozen screwdrivers from volcanos near the village, craft cocktails from anvil and beer from hay merchant or mongoose vs cobra
    -bang screw

Oh ya if you're here for awhile def hit up austin for a couple of days.

15. body slam

body slam Member

go Brenham and take a tour of Blue Bell

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

When exactly are you coming here?

17. bigbodymoe

bigbodymoe Contributing Member

Please post picture of yourself so we can accurately assess your lifestyle and make the proper recommendation.

-Clutchfans

18. VanityHalfBlack

Go to hole in the wall coffee shops.

19. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

20. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

A lot of museums on that list lol.

Midtown has a lot of places to drink, party. You can catch Rockets games. Texans tickets are expensive. Will the Dynamo be playing? Houston has plenty of sick restaurants. Yelp them