1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[non-Colorado pot news] RIP Goodrich, TX economy

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Classic, Jul 29, 2014.

1. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

Kush has nothing to do with indoor or outdoor, hydro vs soil..

But yes the best connoisseur level bud is soil grown outdoor

2. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

This man knows his stuff...at least I hope when it comes to this subject matter.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

that's what I mean. How do I link it? Stupid question, probably, but I've never done it before.

4. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

With 100,000 plants in a field, how do you weed out the males?

http://pad3.whstatic.com/images/thumb/4/4f/Grow-Medical-mar1juana-Step-10.jpg/670px-Grow-Medical-mar1juana-Step-10.jpg

#24 Dubious, Jul 30, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
  5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I hate this thread (testing at work).

6. heypartner

They are not planting seeds in the ground.

just like any indoor cultivator does, I'm sure they are using clones from known, quality female plants. That's why the styrofoam cups: Those are used to grow the female seedlings, until they are ready for planting.

7. heypartner

Here's my google link. After scouring the area in Google Earth mode, this is the only candidate, unless the maps are older than the plants.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/G...1s0x86389a54522c424d:0x20e0df6087cd9e73?hl=en

Aside from the fact these fields are growing something...and large pot plants certainly cannot be eliminated as a candidate....
    Here is the evidence we know from the articles which makes this highly likely the place.

Note: the plants in the news photos were large, like cornstalk tall (8-10'), so they would be hard to camoflauge. Plus pot needs a lot of sun light. Also note: I seriously doubt you can prune 100,000 pot plants without a huge crew, so pot left to its own desires can grow quite large.

1. The area is the right size for 100,000 plants
    2. There is no other noticeable "fields"
    3. You'd want to plant in rows to make it easier to cultivate, not an over gown mass of weeds.
    4. As stated in articles: helicopters were able to spot all the fields once they knew where to look, so that means not completely camoflauged
    5. As stated in articles: It is close to Long King Creek, which connects with the Trinity River
    6. As stated in articles: It is right next to Old Highway 35, which is not very long at all
    7. As shown in article photos: It has a utility line corridor cutting through it, which can be seen in one of the news photos
    8. As stated in articles: It is next to a forest lumber company. You can see cleared forest for lumber.
    9. As stated in articles: It has a perfect area for a campground, which plenty of cover, next to that tiny pond....looks like a hole in the woods.

#27 heypartner, Jul 30, 2014
  8. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

This guy knows what's up.

Some of the best stuff I have ever seen was grown outdoors.

Hell there a ton of outdoor grow operations in California that grow nothing but extremely high quality stuff.

9. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Anyone got any trees?

10. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I have some lots just down the road from there on lake Livingston! Stop taring up my damn crops!

I wonder if the inmates that helped pull up the plants also got to burn it up? :grin:

11. downbytheriver

Why is that?? To toot their own horn?

12. Classic

Classic Member

Looks like the value of each tree/plant is $1750.

Experts, is that fair market value or more of a multiplier built in to the valuation?

13. heypartner

I say unlikely as an average per plant. Many will die or get pests/diseases. Those plants won't be getting manicured or a lot of care (aside from the irrigation system). Plus are we talking wholesale or "street" value?

Sounds like whoever came up with that number did a quick google search. I just found a site that said under perfect conditions an outdoor plant can yield 17.5 oz per plant. So at a reasonable $100 per oz (which is retail for several lower priced strains in legal shops in Boulder), that's a simple calculation... 17.5 X $100 = $1750

...too simple.

There are too many variables. I find that price/plant to be extremely optimistic as an average value at that huge volume of plants.

Certainly, there is no way the growers would get anywhere close to $175m.

#33 heypartner, Jul 30, 2014
  14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Inmates from the county jail helped authorities pull up the plants and clear away the fields.

lol. For some reason, that made me laugh.

15. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

[​IMG]

16. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I don't know who that is, but it could be everybody I knew in 1977.

17. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Yes and in many cases to make the crime look much more severe and devious. I knew a guy who was busted for roids. They counted each single-use ampule as an entire steroid cycle.

I guess it looked way cooler to the cops and judge to say he had fifteen cycles of roids as opposed to 10ish weeks' worth for a single person. It painted him as a dealer rather than an idiot who wanted to put on some extra muscle.

18. Classic

Classic Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5T9LzAHBQQM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Guys look like pros. The Sheriff admits @ ~4:30 that these plants are a month + from harvest. Value seems inflated for more shock.

19. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

They are

They calculate an average yield based on the max amounts a plant COULD produce and then price it at the amount of money that high quality goes for on the street.

Judging from time of year and growing cycles outdoors, those plants were probably just entering flowering a few weeks ago.

20. heypartner

I'd be willing to bet that they also apply for federal money to beef up their "task force" by claiming $175m seizures.