1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Request for ClutchFans Community Service

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Roc Paint, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I verified my registration.

1 person likes this.
  2. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Thank you Mr. Clutch!

Whoever has not registered yet please do so on the link above.

I'm looking forward to meeting all of you on Saturday. :)

Btw, I see more women then men have signed up, and considering the ratio around here...that's pretty sad. ;)

1 person likes this.
  3. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

but not surprising, seeing as how we have the warmer hearts and gentler spirits and ****

1 person likes this.
  4. Roc Paint

You go girl with your bad self. :) :cool:

5. Roc Paint

*Bump

Tomorrow is the day that the Clutch Community takes off (pun intended).

I personally am excited to see where this will end up in a couple of years. I'm predicting a couple hundred strong.

Thank you ClutchFans, and go Rockets!

6. Roc Paint

Today was the day that the Clutch Community broke ground. We had a great time boxing food for local Houstonians in need. As a whole, the Houston Food Bank volunteers prepared more than 19,000 lbs of food in less than 3-hours, equating to over 16,500 meals for families!! How fantastic is that?! For those of you who couldn't make it, we encourage you to PLEASE join us at our next event in August (stay tuned...details will follow soon).

I personally want to reach out and thank finalsbound and Mr. Clutch (along with my wife RocRouge and her co-worker [a non-member]) for representing the Clutch Community today. We couldn't have done it without you!! I think I speak for us all when I say the day was enlightening, selfless, and well worth the effort...not to mention a lot of fun too, plus we met some new friends. :grin:

Anyone willing to participate in the Clutch Community group is more than welcomed and we urge you to join our group under the Social Group tab, as more information will be posted there, along with photos of all our events (including this one), etc.

Note: the Clutch Community group is not only a social group on this website, it's an ADVENTURE. Please consider joining so you can help us help Houston.

Thanks again finalsbound and Mr. Clutch. It was so great meeting you both. My wife and I are extremely grateful for your genuine and benevolent nature.

7. Roc Paint

Could someone please explain how to down load pictures on a social site.

8. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

God bless you Roc Paint! The last time I did community service it was ordered by a judge.

9. Roc Paint

This was my first time doing it without a court order. ;)

10. RocRouge

RocRouge Contributing Member

We have been scouring our members for ideas on our next Clutch Community event, and unfortunately Keegan's Kitchen is out of the question as they have no open Saturday availabilities from today through the end of the year. :(

On a happier note though, we have opened up communication with the local VA (veteran affairs) and have requested a time slot for Saturday, 30-August at the Houston National Cemetery (located on Veterans Memorial). Please note; this event has NOT been confirmed, however we will keep you up-to-date on the status as soon as we hear back. This particular event will likely relish in picking up garbage around the cemetery and weed-eating around the tombstones of soldiers that fought for our country and for our freedom.

Please let us know your interest in supporting this event. You can contact myself (RocRouge) or, preferably, the Clutch Community leader (handle: Roc Paint), for more details on how to sign up, be a member, and volunteer.

11. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

Great to hear about a successful day at the food bank! Wish I could've made it!

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

It was great to meet some ClutchFans and give back to Houston community while wearing Rockets red!

Looking forward to the next one. The VA sounds like a great idea.

13. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

i created a thread in the social group for pictures.

14. Roc Paint

You are awesome!

15. Roc Paint

Btw, I'll be planing our next event very soon. I don't know exactly what we will be doing just yet. I'm still waiting to hear back from a couple of people.

Finalsbound, if you have anything in mind just let me know. I would also like to invite more people to join in on the festivities. For anyone who wants to join the Clutch Community you are more than welcome.

#75 Roc Paint, Jul 31, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  16. RocRouge

Seeking Volunteers for our Upcoming Charity Event - 8/23

Hi there, friends! Roc Paint and I have decided to book our next months charity event at the Guadalupe Center on Saturday, 23-August (which is a lead off of our first event at the HFB on 26-July...to which we feel was a great success starting out of the gate thanks to finalsbound and Mr. Clutch)! =)

The details of our next event are listed below. Please let us know your interest in this event so you can be registered to help the Clutch Community in our next cause.

Come help us provide supplementary groceries to families in need in the Houston area at the Pan de Vida Food Pantry from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm.

These food fairs serve hundreds of families. The Guadalupe Center receives food from the Houston Food Bank (the Clutch Communities first endeavor) and helps prepare the food for simple and efficient distribution the morning of the food fair.

We are looking for volunteers who can bag produce, move boxes, prepare emergency food kits, hand out food and provide a friendly face.

The Food Fair is located at:
    Guadalupe Center
    326 S. Jensen
    Houston, 77003

Groups are welcome and encouraged.

Agency: Catholic Charities
    Need Type: Volunteer
    Need happens On: 08/23/2014
    Zip Code: 77003

PLEASE join us on our next endeavor by responding to this post. We'd love to add you to our roster!

Thanks for your participation!

17. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

^ RocRouge, I think I'll be available to volunteer on that day. Should I PM you my contact info?

1 person likes this.
  18. RocRouge

Yes please, and THANK YOU SO MUCH! Actually, it might be easier to PM Roc Paint (as he is the leader of our Clutch Community group) - but either way, we will get you registered. Thanks again - we appreciate you! :grin:

19. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

Wow, what a great idea! Checking with the wife to see if she is available that day.

1 person likes this.
  20. Roc Paint

That sounds great Tonaaayyyy!

Please consider joining our Clutch Community social group for more information about these events. I sent you an invite.