1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If the NFL draft was today, we would draft #14-who?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by orosiriley, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Remii

Remii Member

So this is a big board top prospect list and not a mock draft...?

Why not start a mock draft thread. And keep it going until the draft. Whatever draft sites people look at they could just post the update when it happens. Would be interesting to see how the Texans projected draft position and pick change throughout the rest of the season and what actually happens on draft day.

Btw, on the a couple of mock drafts I've seen _ Winston doesn't fall to #14 and he probably won't so you guys are debating this for nothing.

2. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Two sites have Mariota, Cook, and Winston going in the top 10.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2015.php

http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-B.php

3. Remii

Remii Member

4. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

draft talk already ?

[​IMG]

5. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Ultimately, yeah - they'll probably pass, regardless... but I think there's a significant difference between drafting Winston 14th as opposed to 1st.

Assuming he grades out as a top-of-the-draft-stud - at #14, his value, at least to some degree (I would say to a large degree - but I'm trying to look at this through the lens of the Texans), has to start chipping away at the character concerns (assuming he keeps his nose clean between now and then).

6. J Hard

J Hard Member

And thats why this franchise have failed since it's inception.

Fearless franchises have the true success in sports. "The Texan way", whatever that is, simply hasn't cut it.

Time for this this organization to grow a pair.

Biggest mistake thus far is them passing on Peyton Manning because "we have Matt Schaub" lol what a joke.

It doesn't make me less of a fan because I'm sick of ineptitude.

2 people like this.
  7. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

No argument here. I agree with you. Maybe Bob shocks the world and takes a chance on a qb with a huge upside. Kid seems to be a great leader and has the clutch gene.

8. IronTexan93

IronTexan93 Member

^^^^^^^^Couldn't put it any better.

9. Remii

Remii Member

I just heard a report that Cook said he is going to return for his senior season.... Good business move for him if he does...

10. Summer Song Giver

sig worthy