1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump 2016: Yes. We. Can.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Honey Bear, Aug 5, 2015.

1. CCorn

CCorn Member

I don't support trump, but the idea of playboy bunnies at the White House does intrigue me. I bet he would throw a huge ****ing firework display in the lawn.

2. Remii

Remii Member

What doesn't fit is liberals blaming the GOP for not being able to provide contraceptives and or sex education for their voters but they have no problems getting them abortions.

More or less is enough when they faithfully get 90% of the black vote and the rest of the voting population is practically split. Which is why they are in position to hold the democratic party accountable for their actions (and lack thereof) instead of just defending them like a pack of guard dogs.

A libertarian that defends abortions and defends the democratic party like Captain Save Em...???

Well, I guess it's true that the best way to debunk a so called libertarian is to just let them talk...

Not all of it... And not all of the Rio Grande is a river _ more like a ditch that can be walked across (depending on the weather I guess).

Would be a kick azz inauguration if nothing else.

3. Remii

Remii Member

I don't know about the "wall" idea... But Dr Carson's idea of better fencing (what's down there now sucks), more border patrol (give the national guard something to do), and using drones for surveillance and to destroy the tunnels sounds reasonable.

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Honestly, at this point I don't know if you are trolling or not but don't libertarians like this thing called 'choice'? Banning something is inherently against libertarian values.

That is why many libertarians are at odds with social conservatives. Hence, why actual libertarians draw their distance from movements like the tea party which espouse small government yet inject ultra social conservatism.

5. Nook

Nook Member

Does it or does it not make sense for the democrat party to have as many black voters as possible?

If the answer is "yes", then it makes zero political sense for the democrat party to support a "black genocide".

You can be pro life and you can point at a number of democrat failures.... however the Planned Parenthood does not pass the most basic smell test.

6. Remii

Remii Member

Just because you don't agree with me (which I don't have a problem with) doesn't mean I'm trolling...

And it depends on what libertarian you ask because there are libertarians who believe that the mother is overriding the baby's choice. And there are also libertarians who don't agree with either party.

I already answered that question and my answer will be the same regardless of how you ask it.

Now, you're jumping on my genocide comment from a different thread when I'm asking here ---> How in the hell is the GOP to blame for stopping the democratic party from getting their voters contraceptives and education when the GOP can't stop them from giving their voters abortions...????

7. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Remii is the Tony Montana of Clutchfans...

[​IMG]

8. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

http://money.cnn.com/2015/08/27/news/economy/donald-trump-economy-tax-plan/index.html

9. Nook

Nook Member

I don't think you are trolling.

I am asking you a direct question and it does relate to the issue of contraceptives and abortion. If the democratic party benefits greatly from the black vote, then why would it support an organization that supposedly is geared towards limiting the amount of black people?

Also Planned Parenthood is last I checked, a huge supplier of low cost/free contraceptives.

10. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

#310 dc rock, Aug 28, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
  11. Remii

Remii Member

More or less is enough when they faithfully get 90% of the black vote and the rest of the voting population is practically split. Same answer.

And how good is that doing...??? And how many males do you think go to planned parenthood clinics...??? But with obamacare, why would people need planned parenthood anyway...? Of course other than for low cost/free contraceptives...

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Back when I didn't have a partner, I took more than one girlfriend to Planned Parenthood myself, because they didn't know how to get contraceptives and were embarassed to ask their doctor, often the "family doctor" that her parents saw. You make these statesments as if they are facts, when they are not. Planned Parenthood, as Nook said, is an enormous supplier of contraceptives for the women of this country, and one of the few that were a source for contraceptives in the '60's and '70's, when I took those girlfriends to see them, remaining so today. Providing abortions represents a very small percentage of what they do. Very small. Planned Parenthood is arguably the largest, most important source of contraception for women with low incomes, and for women who are college students and have a very small budget. You really should educate yourself, with all due respect.

14. Major

Major Member

Is this really unclear to you? :confused:

Abortions were ruled legal by the court system, so GOP legislatures have limited ability to stop them.

Funding contraceptives and education is not a court issue, so GOP legislatures can block them.

This seems like basic government 101.

15. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

You mean, like Libertarians would?

http://www.ontheissues.org/Celeb/Libertarian_Party_Abortion.htm

I defend what I can support with facts and evidence. If that means I support Democrats, so be it. If that means I support Republicans, so be it.

No, the best way to debunk a "so-called libertarian" is to ask them for whom they voted in the last few presidential elections. The "so-called libertarians" vote Republican. I vote for Libertarians, which makes me far more libertarian than those who pay lip service, then vote for Republicans.

16. Major

Major Member

This is a really weird paragraph. You don't seem to know very much about planned parenthood, contraception, or Obamacare.

17. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

The Libertarian Party is pretty clear on their position...

"1.5 Abortion

Recognizing that abortion is a sensitive issue and that people can hold good-faith views on all sides, we believe that government should be kept out of the matter, leaving the question to each person for their conscientious consideration."

https://www.lp.org/platform

18. Remii

Remii Member

With all due respect... No woman should w**** herself out to a dude who can't even afford protection. Cool story though.

Wake me up when you have some legitimate reasons why black folks should continue to support democrats.

19. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

preservation of voting rights
    support for secular education
    funding for the VA
    higher minimum wages
    less militarization of police
    fairer tax legislation designed to spread wealth
    easing of college loan rates
    fairer sentencing laws
    reduction in private prisons and their lobbying
    more diversified party representation
    the parliamentary killing of the Jobs act ...never forget.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5f-FwN2ZJs

or:
    https://berniesanders.com/issues/racial-justice/

#319 Dubious, Aug 31, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
  20. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

The biggest reason at this point in time?

Because it appears to piss you off so much.