1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(TV Show) The Flash

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tmac2therack, May 15, 2014.

1. 713

713 Member

I am your father!

2. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Didn't see it coming how Wells become Thawne.

Dat teaser tho!:eek:

3. PhiSlammaJamma

There was a lot of awesomeness in that episode too. Solid writing.

I thought Mark Hamill did a terrific job. I liked his sidekick too. They took a risk on "I am your father", but it worked for me and I chuckled. Me like the Trickster a lot and hope he shows up some more.

Did not see the the Harrison Wells-Thorne thing coming, but pretty cool CGI there. Well played. It explains some things. If I were to guess, he will ask Flash to change the future somehow. There is a reasonable balance in the need for Wells and Flash to work together now, and some tension, which they sold me on. So that should be a lot of fun. I will keep watching sober.

And then Halo 5 commercial is also trying to screw with our minds. What...

4. Juxtaposed Jolt

Mark Hamill KILLED it with his Trickster performance. It was like a more nuanced and slightly subdued Joker. I hope his character shows up more often.

How did Trickster + son take out all the guards in the prison, though? Even if it was just holding the Trickster, the prison seemed like it would have been staffed with more guards, because dropped hints suggested that the Trickster was a high profile criminal.

I thought Tess Morgan was a high profile character in the DC universe, but I guess she's of original creation.

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

You mean how Thawne became Wells.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Well . . . Good to see that Thawne at least looks a bit more like the Modern Thawne than Wells did. . .
    Look forward to more information on Thawne/Wells now

Rocket River

7. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Interesting plot points introduced this episode. Loved Hamill as the Trickster, as well as the meta jokes.

What I didn't like is, and just learned is canon in the comics, is that he can run through walls. That seems like a silly use of his speed, and makes him so OP.

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

You read about his Powers. . . . .they get ridiculous
    So I try to keep it from the show
    [DC Character in general are ridiculously over powered]

Rocket River

9. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

Not future spoiler, but for those that havent watched yet.
    I read in an interview that the device used to take Harrison Wells body from him also transferred his emotions and memories and that they will be explaining more about his situation.

It would be interesting if they could use the memories of Tess against him. The fact that he still named the company Starlabs suggests something.

I also dont think pretty boy is going to do well knowing who the flash is and knowing that Iris doesnt know.

10. Duncan McDonuts

I wouldn't say read up on it because I, too, try to watch the show for the show without any prior knowledge of the source. I'm not a big comic book guy, either.

What I did was Google "can Flash run through walls" and Yahoo answers was pretty much said "yes". I knew Flash could time travel because I watched Flashpoint Paradox out of curiousity, and that I could swallow since speed is a common theory to time travel. Being able to go through solid objects by vibrating at the right frequency....that's a bit too much.

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think next to Superman . .. and in some cases not even then . . . .the Flash maybe one of the most powerful characters in the DC Universe

Rocket River
    . . . I still chuckle at SPEED FORCE

12. Nero

Nero Member

Actually, I was thinking the same thing - that Wells' consciousness and personality was transferred over into Thawne along with his physical appearance, and that there will become some kind of 'internal struggle' eventually.. something even with the possiblity that Wells may be redeemed somehow, since he himself is innocent of Thawne's crimes.

I hope so, and that explains why he can seem to be have in a genuinely good way quite often.

It's a very interesting choice, good writing, I like it. When the writers can make you care about the bad guy, that's well done.

13. PhiSlammaJamma

In superfriends, all the superheros were stuck in a space prison once, and nobody could get out, not even superman, and it was Flash who vibrated through the wall to rescue the team. So I always knew he could do it. Whenever Flash saved the whole team I loved it. He is all powerful.

14. candlegreen

candlegreen Contributing Member

I'm guessing that's why he's in the wheelchair half the time? Looked like the accident damaged his leg somewhat as well....

15. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

Its been mentioned earlier in the season that he lost the use of his legs in the reactor meltdown. At the time of the car accident, there was no starlabs yet, so that came a bit later.

16. rcoleman15

rcoleman15 Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NojgY48FOHE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

I always thought the "Flash can vibrate through walls!" thing was stupid, too, but I guess it's the only way they can get around **** like, "Oops, the bad guy brought a net!"

#177 Hippieloser, Apr 7, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
  18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

On the show it kind of bugged me that he didn't even seem to slow down . . in fact seemed faster

I always wondered how he could vibrate at that frequency . .then selectively choose what vibrates with him.
    His clothes didn't come off . . . . . .

Rocket River

19. Duncan McDonuts

That WonderCon trailer was amazing. Spoiling highlights just in case.

Can't believe they're hitting the Flashpoint Paradox this season.
    They find Wells's lair.
    Eddie is evil or possessed?
    Joe and Barry uncover the real Wells's grave.
    Caitlin and Barry get it on.
    Crossover with Ras Ollie Ghul and ATOM.

6 more episodes left and looks like it'll be epic. Arrow has taken a back seat to The Flash this season. With the same producers and writers, I hope they'll be able to make both series with the same production value and quality. Hasn't felt that way this season.

20. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

These week or longer breaks that the CW does for both Flash and Arrow are starting to get really annoying.