1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2015 Smart Phones

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by KingCheetah, Jan 27, 2015.

1. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

you're gonna love the heck out of it.

will review at some point. having issue with 3rd party unlock code atm.

2. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Just got my S6 delivered to my house. Touchwiz is a lot better this time around. This is definitely the snappiest performance on a Samsung phone that I've seen. The build quality is also very solid and worthy of a flagship. I'm glad I skipped the phones from the last generation of releases.

Overall, I think Samsung knocked this one out of the park.

3. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

I almost never jump on a new release of phones. Last time I preordered was the original G1 and G2. I still miss qwerty keyboards, but the Edge just seemed to call me. I ordered this case until Lifeproof comes out with a waterproof.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191529828290

4. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

gotta be coming soon...lets hope. my nexus 4 is starting to crap out on me i think...random reboots and such.

5. calurker

calurker Contributing Member

I give up. There just doesn't seem to be a phone that does both China Mobile 4G and Verizon 4G (much less dual sims with both slots being 4G).

Help?

6. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

For you guys that have problem with lag, try greenify. My note 2 almost never lags.

#186 rockbox, Apr 4, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2015
  7. geeimsobored

The iPhone 6 and nexus 6 will do both. As for dual sims, those are just really hard to find in the US.

Verizon's LTE is on bands 13, 4, and 2. China mobile is on Band 41. Find an unlocked phone with those bands

Sprint uses band 41 as well but they refused to unlock phones until this year so any new phone that was released after February can theoretically be unlocked.

1 person likes this.
  8. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I ended up buying my wife a Oneplus One.

Should be here Monday.

They just released their Oxygen OS for the phone, but it's basically stock. I'll wait for the new Cyanogen to be OTA'd. Should be very soon.

9. geeimsobored

One correction. It looks like China Mobile also has some LTE on bands 38 and 40. I believe a majority of their LTE is on band 41 but if you want 100% coverage the iPhone 6 is your only option. The nexus 6 only has band 41. Just make sure you buy the right iPhone model. You want to buy model a1586. That gives you all of the Chinese and Verizon bands as well as a CDMA radio which you'll need as well. The Nexus 6 also has a CDMA radio but will only have band 41

10. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Never understood the fascination with that phone. Suspect support and silly invite is not my cup of tea.

11. tws011

tws011 Member

Looking forward to getting another phone later this year. Galaxy S4 right now which is pretty good.

12. Two Sandwiches

Don't need invites anymore (not in Tuesdays at least. Other days they are easy to find...). The support is getting better but I haven't needed it. The specs are still right up there with the top phones out there and the price is still great. I know, me personally, I've saved a couple hundred dollars by switching to the phone. On top of that, it's a top of the line phone.

As much as I hated the invite situation, what the company has done, in just over a year since it's inception, is nothing short of amazing. Over a million units sold (or so I've heard). I'll give them a pass on their support for now seeing as what they've delivered, and how young they are.

13. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Oxygen OS should be out for the Oneplus One now.

14. Two Sandwiches

Yeah. Apparently, its basically stock, which we pretty much knew. I'm debating on rooting and unlocking the bootloader to play around. I probably won't though, as I suspect the CM12 OTA will be out within the next few days. It should be here before next Friday.

15. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

got a galaxy note 4 today. Old phone had broke and really needed a new one, really thought about the S6 but I really like the size of the note and the non-removable battery and no SD card slot on the S6 bothers me.

this phone seems like it runs much much faster then both the Note 2 and S4 I had before.

i like it

16. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Disable S Voice in your settings to get rid of the home button lag.
    The recents button lag will be fixed with lollipop update.

17. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

What is the best android phone for 2015?

Obligitory
    [​IMG]
    Only reason I am in this thread was to post this image

#197 Bandwagoner, Apr 4, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2015
  18. ChankMcStank

ChankMcStank Member

From the reviews of the S6, it's still evident in Lollipop. Hell, the Nexus 6 had lag in recent apps screen... So far on 5.1 on my OPO, the lag isn't that bad or sometimes unnoticeable unlike on 5.0.2.

19. ubigred

Good recommendations.

Love my Note

20. ubigred

Root and install Hyperdrive Rom.
    You're welcome.