1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Blake Griffin on Sterling: he was like a weird uncle

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mig0s, Oct 18, 2014.

1. mig0s

mig0s Member

I didnt see this posted anywhere but here is the essay Griffin did on Derek Jetter's 'the players' tribune. Pretty entertaining and Ballmer seems like a cool dude.

Oh and it was cold that sterling had all his employees on temp contracts.

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/blake-griffin-the-boss/

2. mig0s

mig0s Member

Oops Jeter*

3. Exiled

Exiled Member

He was a friend of David Stern

rewarded billions by Adam Silver's action how weird is that

4. mig0s

mig0s Member

I dont know if Blake meant that Sterling was literally holding his hand in his white party or it was figurative

5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Read again breh, he clearly said Sterling held his hand throughout the night and Blake tried to shake out of it, etc.

Really great article and props to Blake, especially the part about media making a fuzz/trying to ridicule about a positive guy like Ballmer, but always turning a blind eye on Sterling and never reporting about his racist actions.

6. hooroo

hooroo Member

why doesn't he call out cp3 and doc rivers too?

7. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

The weird uncle that molested but bribed me not to tell.

8. Drew_Le

Drew_Le Member

Great article! I went back and read some of the others' (Danica Patrick and Russell Wilson), which were not as high quality as Blake's. I know most athlete's books are ghost-written (like Keshawn Johnson's book was Keshawn Johnson with ____ ____ ), and I wonder if Jeter's content is really straight from the athlete. I'd be impressed if that was Blake's writing, really thoughtful and fun.

9. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

Blake Griffin needs to shut up, I feel absolutely no pity for him or CP3. If Donald Sterling was so bad to him and made him so uncomfortable, why did he sign a 5 year contract extension after being there for years. He would have gotten the max anywhere, so lets drop the victim card in this situation.

I feel bad for rookies that got drafted by Sterling initially but after a while, be a man and live with the consequences of your decisions.

10. TdashDUB

TdashDUB Contributing Member

I don't think you grasped his perspective of the situation.

11. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

12. jamie10

jamie10 Member

that was a good read. thanks for the link

Ballmer sounds awesome