1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Byron Scott wants Julius Randle harder for longer

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Scott has repeatedly said that Randle needs to figure out how to play “harder for longer,” which he hasn’t seen the last few games.</p>&mdash; Mike Trudell (@LakersReporter) <a href="https://twitter.com/LakersReporter/status/522970382983114752">October 17, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I remember cyberx (a Lakers fan?) was excited about the Lakers getting a steal in this kid after spreading some injury rumors. We'll have to see how well he turns out eventually but he is very young and seems to have a lot more to learn to be a decent player. I wonder how patient Kobe, Scott and the rest of the team is gonna be with having him grow and learning on the fly. That is just not a very patient market. A few bad losses in the regular season and the fans will call for Byron's head.

2. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

cyberx has repeatedly said he's not a Laker fan and not sure how that claim even began.

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

he can't shoot and looks to drive just about every time he has the ball. then he's often too undersized to finish at the basket. poor fakers.

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

early on here he was extra giddy to get dwight in exchange for a clearly damaged goods bye-numb.

5. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

it was probably when he said he was a lakers fan, although i've wondered if it's the same person or a group of people

6. watashi315

watashi315 Member

This thread title can be very misleading....

7. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

very misleading.

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Pretty much.

His rebounding should be good

9. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

Classic CH title

10. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

2014 Thomas Robinson.:p

11. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

12. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

Dr. Sugrlndkid

Harder for Longer!

13. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Their starting PF and C are Boozer and Jordan Hill.

14. J Hard

J Hard Member

TWSS.

Hopefully he's not another promising prospect to waste their gifts.

15. Pukimonster

Pukimonster Member

Randle and Clarkson have offensive talent but are raw as hell. They're still playing like they're in summer league.

Randle's unique in that he's an attacking big with pretty good handles. He's got post moves and a decent elbow midrange that he should be able to pnp with. But right now he's lazy as hell on defense and doesn't know where he's supposed to be on offense. His D ranges from no effort to poor. With his pnr D, I consistently see him do a soft show and totally lose track of the big he's supposed to be defending. Offensively he's out of position a lot of times and has no clue where defenders are so he ends getting the ball in the wrong place and getting stripped. He also has this one second of hesitation where he tries to figure out what to do with the ball, which allows defenders to get set.

Clarkson's an attacking combo guard who can hit the 3, which would make him a really good offensive wing once he's comfortable. He's also a Corey Brewer type slasher in transition, really quick. His problem is he's in 24/7 heroball mode, with worse shot selection than Swaggy P.

Randle's biggest thing is he's lazy on D, which is why Byron Scott is calling him out. He's called him out twice this season and if he doesn't put out more effort he could end up in the doghouse.

16. Showtyme11

Showtyme11 Member

Whats the difference between Randle and Thomas Robinson?

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Coach wants from randle what my girlfriend has been asking me for since we started dating.

18. Showtyme11

Showtyme11 Member

Nice! I didn't even see that response before I posted mine :cool:

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I see more Terrence Jones thathan TRob in Randle. Randke is also a young rookie, not an old one like Robinsoin

20. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

My wife has been asking for the opposite since we've been married.