1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. HOUSTON ROCKETS STREAM
    We're watching the Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone press conference now, reacting to their comments

Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone Press Conference
    Dismiss Notice

Kobe can't beat guys off the dribble anymore, says scouts to Chris Broussard

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Heard it on radio. Broussard says that a couple scouts told him that Kobe is done as an elite player because he cannot beat guys off the dribble anymore.

Do you agree?

2. dback816

dback816 Member

Well

What's Kobe's midrange shooting percentage again?

3. Cranberry_Juice

I wonder if this was Jordan's dilemma when he got back from baseball? Probably the reason for development of that mid range jumper.

4. bamma

bamma Member

Yeah, I would say he definitely isnt elite because of that. That's was one of the skills that made him elite. His skills in the post are still effective. I fear that Kobe will not be consistent this and thus no longer a serious offensive threat.

1 person likes this.
  5. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

He would beat Harden off all the time.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Kobe doesn't beat guys off anything.

That ish gay.

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The point is, I think, that no matter how good your midrange J is, you stil got to beat guys off the dribble to be an elite offensive player. Gettingu to the basket is how you get high percentage shots, draw fouls and create open shots for teammates.

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

What's elite? He's still going to hit game winners and score 20+ a game. He's not going to carry a team for the season, but weren't we already expecting that? He's 36 and has played like 18 years.

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

It's hard to hit game winners when your team is down 20 with 2 minutes left.

3 people like this.
  10. Rokman

Rokman Member

Oooh SNAP!! That was perfect! LOL

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This is news? Seriously?

12. J Hard

J Hard Member

What a troll Sig Op, /thread.

13. NotChandlerParsons

If he can still jump into them and be awarded free throws, he'll do okay.

14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Actually it's been since 2 years ago. He forces **** too much. He just jerks forward and back in the most eye sorefull way.

15. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<script src="http://player.espn.com/player.js?&playerBrandingId=4ef8000cbaf34c1687a7d9a26fe0e89e&pcode=1kNG061cgaoolOncv54OAO1ceO-I&width=576&height=324&externalId=espn:11710866&thruParam_espn-ui[autoPlay]=false&thruParam_espn-ui[playRelatedExternally]=true"></script>

16. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

But Kobe said he was going to refine his game and become great in another facet.. I guess what Kobe meant was he was going back to his volume shooting days. Honestly the way the Lakers are constructed right now they're not doing anything worth mentioning next year. They have ...

Lin/Nash (reports say he's injured carrying his bags..)
    Kobe/Price/Clarkson
    Henry/Johnson/Young (injured)
    Boozer/Kelly
    Hill/Sacre

That roster is destined for a lottery pick, especially in the West.

Kobe is still around to make money and sell tickets for the Lakers. I can definitely see Lin playing a 30-35 minutes a game next year at the PG/SG combo and putting up a lot of stats. Maybe Kobe will strictly turn into a spot up shooter, something he's shown he can do. Lin's also playing for a contract so we can all expect him to play extremely hard. All we can say for certain is that Bryon Scott's philosophy about taking less 3point shots is actually just an attempt to distract other teams, his team is going to probably going to break the record in 3 point's attempted :grin::p

17. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Member

Chris Brousard beats off guys all the time.

18. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

Well, only delusional Laker fans thought that a 37 year old Kobe coming off two major injuries was going to come back at full strength. I still think he has value but not in the ball dominating role we're use to seeing.

19. apollo33

apollo33 Member

He's obviously done, he was done when he tore his achilles at that age.

The next coming years is just Kobe collecting his last pay check from the Lakers while he puts up 30 shots a game to break the scoring record for himself. The Lakers have nothing to lose anyway, they are just going to tank for picks while keep some Kobe Stans in the seats.

They literally don't have a center, they are going to give up 120 points a game or something

20. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

With Kobe done i wonder how long until he tells the media that he wants the Lakers to tank.