1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Luis Scola's Left Hand

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by user, Oct 15, 2008.

Tags:
  1. user

user Member

Has nobody else noticed how HORRIBLE Scola is with his left hand, and for that matter on the left side of the entire court. He needs to come off the bench, he is not a starting PF till he can dribble with his left hand. I dare anyone to find a clip where Scola uses his left hand even ONCE. Our best Starting Lineup is with Landry. Scola off the bench.

2. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

He's a power foward, not a guard.

3. MD_in_Training

Yeah, I noticed the same thing with Yao and Deke.

4. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

You have to be kidding me. Uh oh, Yao is even worse at dribbling. Dare I say terrible even. Better trade him with that logic :rolleyes:

5. Grandpappy

Grandpappy Member

I was thinking this was an injury thread.

Thank God it's just a random nitpicking thread.

6. Landlord Landry

I guess you didnt watch the last preseason game......or any of last season.

7. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

I thought his left hand was being auctioned off on eBay.

8. user

user Member

Landlord Landry, find a clip.

Yao vs. Scola. This was not the topic of debate. Yao does not go left, but he is 7'6 300+ lbs. And he is a better shooter, better post scorer.

Charlie Murphy - I am not asking him to break a full court press by himself, dont be a fool.

The point is, against the Jazz last year, look at his FG%. Keep in mind this is a PF that McGrady dimed up over and over again for easy layups. When he gets scouted, his efficiency falls. He is the ideal bench player, high energy, can score against backup PFs.

9. walker

walker Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Did you really say "dribble" with the left hand? He's a PF. You must be bored.

10. walker

walker Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

;)
    Yao had that nice behind the back dribble break for the slam that was sweet, but you are right, his dribbling is terrible and that is unacceptable for a center. ;)

11. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

you make a good point. and if he had a left hand like dare i say boozer, he'd be in the upper echelon of power forwards. this late into his career, he'll never have a left hand game. Would it help the Rockets? Definitely. But it's not necessary for the rockets to have success. He's not the cornerstone of the franchise. Never was, never will be.

And as for Yao, while not polished, he does have a left hand. He shoots a lot of his hooks left handed, and also dribbles with his left when he does his trademark spin to the baseline move.

12. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I'm not sure about the left hand (it's one of those things I don't pay attention to), but he doesn't maintain an annoyingly high dribble on his post moves. He's not secure with his dribble, at all. And because he doesn't have the explosiveness to score over defenders, he has to keep dribbling/pivoting to get around them. It makes him rather turnover prone.

Luis needs to just give us one really solid preseason game. His play has been lackluster thus far, and it's hard for me to look past that.

13. AzNaNsZ

AzNaNsZ Member

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=zSHku3UY9w0

Have a look here he doesn't seem so bad with his left hand its just that he is a natural right hander and if you play bball you will know most basketballers will be more comfortable with their writing hand, doesn't it seem to much to bench him over not using his left hand enough. :eek:

p.s how to you embed vids on the posts

14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

There's an embed link on the youtube page (to the right of the video, and under the video name).

15. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Are you kidding me? Yao goes left hand all the time. I have no idea where you're getting your facts from.

16. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Manu can teach Luis to use his left hand and Luis can teach Manu to use his right hand. Then all will be perfect.

17. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

forget the left hand, tell scola to work on his finishing around the basket. he tries to sell the foul too much instead of going up strong.

18. Albert Einstain

I've nothing againest the foreigners but I have to figure out that they are generally less creative than the americans. In the US, as we all know, we just do what we like and so that we can develop our skills through what we work on. It's always impossible to perfectly do something that you don't like at all, and it's always impossible to do something you like to do badly.

those international rosters can not dribble with their left hands(or right hands for those like manu), but some american rosters can even use their left hand to shoot(except the left handers). carlos boozer and rasheed wallace are both right handers but they can also use their left hand shooting. boozer and wallace are americans, and no other roster than them is bi-hander. even though the other american rosters can not shoot with their both hands, but dribbling and passing are just little dishes for their amature hands.

19. Yodels

Yodels Contributing Member

Drexler only went right...it's all about how effective you are...

I actually like Scola & Landry at the same time:
    Scola
    Landry
    Artest
    Battier
    McGrady

Now...that is potent, defensively and offensively. The whole lineup can just switch...

20. joesr

joesr Member

More crying?