1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Chandler Parsons as a Dallas Maverick

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TheRealist137, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Remii

Remii Member

Yea, Houston had a verbal agreement with Bosh too... So we know how that goes.

And Dallas probably wanted Parsons over Lance. Parsons is much more marketable especially in Dallas.

2. Remii

Remii Member

Why would my axe to grind have to be with Harden... And what in da heck makes you think I'm not the same race as Harden... I may just think McHale is a bumbling idiot and the Mickey Mouse system they run won't get them a championship.

3. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Trade him for who? he was worth 900k- unless we added someone else, who are we going to get thats sufficient in that price range?!?!!?!? Not like we were way under the salary cap

if we add people to the mix with a higher contract such as an Asik.. we BETTER get someone good otherwise we wouldn't have even had the opportunity to chase Max player free agents or possibly even have the money to sign Ariza in the offseason

4. kakaman

kakaman Member

Look, Parsons may not be great value as a max, but he's the best out there. Here are the possible free agents available in 2015-2016:

Paul Millsap
    Al Horford
    Rajon Rondo
    Brook Lopez
    Deron Williams
    Al Jefferson
    Joakim Noah
    LeBron James
    Kevin Love
    Roy Hibbert
    Jeremy Lin (LOL)
    Luol Deng
    Danny Granger
    Omer Asik
    Amar'e Stoudemire
    Kevin Durant
    Goran Dragic
    LaMarcus Aldridge
    Rudy Gay

Half the guys on here are true maxes (i.e. $28-30m with new cap), so it's not an apples to apples comparison. Of the guys listed, you need to consider 1) Probability of joining the Rockets and 2) Time to develop culture/fit for championship contender.

Of the names on there that fits both 1 and 2, probably only Millsap is the only logical piece you could get and would want to get since his range extends to the 3 point line. However, all indications are that he's very happy in Atlanta, so I don't even know if that one is possible. Morey played Russian Roulette and lost big time.

5. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Stop it ! You're making sense and talking reality ! This is fanboy love fest 2 ya know ?

6. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

lol you are still on that.

Interesting that in the ESPN team preview, which isn't written by their on air idiots but actual basketball writers, they described our offense as elite and that it featured the best shot selection in the entire league.

7. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Whoops...

Mickey Mouse must know his stuff

8. Remii

Remii Member

That's for Morey to figure out... He's the genius. He could have went after a young player and draft picks. I'm sure there's all kinds of avenues he could have explored. Do you know every detail about your doctor's job too...??? If you're a doctor scratch that question... Maybe since you know everything Morey can and can't do Alexander should fire him and hire you... And hopefully you'll go get a real coach.

A 1st round loser says what...???

9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Parsons about to show the world that he's on Lebron's level.

10. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

"My defense sucked ass"

- 1st round loser

11. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

So we have trade Lin trolls for Chandler trolls. This season is gonna suck.

12. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

You are reaching dude. Who are and where are these trolls right now?

13. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Most of them have a "rookie" under their name.

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Was watching the Nba's top plays from last year; it's insane how many times he got blocked going up for a dunk or how many times people would hit a clutch shot on him or because of him

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Joerger on Dallas: &quot;They are a top three team in the West, that’s the facts.&quot;</p>&mdash; Bryan Gutierrez (@BallinWithBryan) <a href="https://twitter.com/BallinWithBryan/status/524414254003134464">October 21, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

*States an opinion*

"That's the facts"

17. Rockets1994

Rockets1994 Member

How has Dallas gotten rated so high? Almost all of the ranks out there have them rated above us, and some have them as a top 5 team, which I just don't understand.

18. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

I don't either. If that team was 5 years younger, then I can understand but Dirk is 37, right? The supporting cast past Monta and Parsons is past their primes.

Monta had a good year last season but he wasn't a top 5 SG.

Parsons will have a good year but he isn't worth 15 million.

Tyson isn't the Tyson from 2011.

Nelson is serviceable but he isn't the Nelson from 2009.

Harris is good but not the player he was in his first stint with Dallas and with New Jersey.

They are relying on Raymond Felton, for goodness sake.

Overhyped to the extreme. I see at best a 6th seed.

19. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Too bad Mickey Mouse doesn't teach Defence...

20. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

It's like the media uses one reason to discredit Houston (losing talent) yet turns a blind eye to Dallas doing the same.

It's as if Vince Carter and Marion weren't even important contributors for that Mavs team last year.

It defies belief people out there get paid for their analysis, and their knowledge isn't too great.