1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Social Security Scammer

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by B-Bob, Oct 15, 2015.

Tags:
  1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

So my very old mom calls and says she got a weird letter from Social Security, saying they have changed her address, as requested. But she hasn't moved. She's worked it all out, and it's fine now, but sure enough, somebody was running a scam.

They got her number somehow and were trying to redirect her S.S. checks to their own bank account. So ****ing low, right? SMDH. And it's a tiny damned check at that.

But, Social Security let us know that the person gave this email as the appropriate contact moving forward. Maybe this address is innocent, or bogus, but maybe not. What would you do to this email address if you were me? Or... if you were you? ;)

#1 B-Bob, Oct 15, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  2. Nero

Nero Member

Notify them they have received a prize of a new car from a local radio station, and give them the address and time for them to pick it up. Do your best to make it look legit. People always believe stuff like that. Then just wait and see who shows up.

Then, do as you see fit.

3. Salvy

Salvy Member

Dick pics

4. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Cat facts

5. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

This. Beat their ass. Unless its a woman. Then let your mom beat their ass while you hold her down.

6. B-Bob

Cool. I think I will do all of the above, but there's still a chance that they used an innocent person SocSec# and then another innocent person's email address. How dumb would you have to be to commit fraud and use an email address that was actually linked to you? Probably just as dumb as someone who commits fraud for the price of a fancy fish dinner and bottle of wine though, TBH.

7. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Dig up Buddy Holly's remains and send them to that email address.

I realize that doesn't make sense but it is what it is.

8. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Why would you think the government or SS officers would be trying to scam your grandmother?

9. B-Bob

[​IMG]