1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Lone Star Summit] Rockets Season Preview Pod

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheGoldenGreek, Oct 13, 2015.

1. TheGoldenGreek

What's up Clutchfans?

Me and a buddy of mine have been working on a podcast recently and most of it has been Rockets talk so far. Most recently, we did a season preview and broke down the offseason, division and schedule as well as some season predictions. The first one is pretty rough but we get better. I think.

Anyway if you are always looking for more Rockets talk like I am here is the link:

http://lonestarsummit.podbean.com/

You can also follow on Twitter @LoneStarSummit

Go Rockets

1 person likes this.
  2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Dude, keep it up. You've got a lot going right for you. Good voices, natural feel, honest takes. Take all the comments with a grain of salt and learn from anything you can. I look forward to more. And that's just after hearing 4 minutes worth.

1 person likes this.
  3. TheGoldenGreek

I appreciate the kind words! We are hoping to get some intriguing guests involved at some point in the future. Thanks for even listening to 4 minutes!

4. don grahamleone

Oh, no. I listened to the whole thing. I really like your voice, Dimitri. Bill's got a good one too. My only constructive criticism depends on your goals. Obviously, you can continue in this same vein, but if you want a larger market or more accessibility to the organization, I would tell Bill to ease up on the cussing. Certain people get turned off by it and there's no getting their ears back. It doesn't bother me one bit, but I'd drink some beers with ya'll and throw some out myself if you know what I mean.

I dug it overall. You've done your homework, your production quality is there. Just keep posting the new episodes on here for us folks that don't have a membership. You'll get listeners for sure. I hope you make an extra 8k this year. Save a piece of that for taxes if you do.

5. TheGoldenGreek

Constructive criticism is always welcome. I will definitely try to post the links on here as we do new ones. We are planning to have some weekly updates as the season progresses and we will mix in Spurs and Mavs :)eek:) talk in there too. The goal is to be an all-encompassing Texas hoops source.

6. dream2franchise

Listened to it. Enjoyed it.

Don made some good points that I agree with. You both have good voices for podcastin'.

I agree with the swearing. It can be a turn off to many (myself included). In all fairness though it's not like you guys were letting it fly. It felt more like you guys were really comfortable towards the end of the show and almost forgot that it was being recorded.

Your production values are great. I can't tell you how many podcasts make me switch off if the audio is terrible.

I got the vibe of two Rockets fan having a chat and it all felt casual and easy. So nice work!

1 person likes this.
  7. TheGoldenGreek

8. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

This is great, listened to a few minutes so far but sounds pretty good.

1 person likes this.
  9. BigPoppaJay

BigPoppaJay Member

I just binge listened to them all. Good stuff. Love me some podcasts, can I subscribe through the traditional podcast players?

1 person likes this.
  10. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

put this in your podcatcher (itunes search for the title) and it will subscribe you http://lonestarsummit.com/feed/

Edit: forgot to add... I'm listening to the 10th episode right now. I like it guys. If you ever want a female fan to join in let me know ;)

#10 Hayesfan, Oct 27, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  11. TheGoldenGreek

I really do appreciate all the kind words! We are slowly trying to figure this podcast thing out and I think it's improving in each episode but we have a looong way to go. Comments like yours make it seem worth it though :grin:

12. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Podcasting can be a lot of fun. I've been doing it for over ten years. As long as you remain passionate about your topic keep going!

13. TheGoldenGreek

[Lone Star Summit] Opening Night - Time to panic?

Good morning Rockets fans! I know a few folks asked me to post the links to new podcasts as they become available so here are a few more. The first one is just some knee-jerk reactions to the opening night debacle and we have some fun discussing which combination of super smash bros. characters would be the best basketball team. The second one is just over/under for the Western Conference teams. Hope everyone enjoys!

http://lonestarsummit.podbean.com//e/lsss-12-knee-jerk-reactions-super-smash-bros-draft/

http://lonestarsummit.podbean.com//e/lsss-13-western-conference-overunders/

14. TheGoldenGreek

Will be posting a little analysis of the Rockets and their history against their main rivals: Jazz, Spurs, Mavs, Lakers and Sonics/Thunder.

Any topic requests?

15. TheGoldenGreek

Here's the link for those interested: http://lonestarsummit.podbean.com//e/lsss-14-houston-rockets-rivalries/

We go into the all-time records of the Rockets vs. their five main rivals: Spurs, Mavs, Jazz, Lakers and OKC/Seattle as well as the storylines that have kept these rivalries alive throughout the years. Hope you enjoy! We had fun recording it.

16. TheGoldenGreek

17. don grahamleone

To lift a curse you have to acknowledge it? I'll sign the petition if someone passes it around.

18. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

I'm enjoying the podcast, will there be post game analysis at some point or is this mainly going to be specific topics?

One thing I'm always frustrated about is the morning after a game I can't get any Rocket related discussions from the radio since it's all Texans talk. Would be nice to have pod cast that can provide some post game commentary. Rocketcast live was like this but for some reason they are not doing it anymore.

19. TheGoldenGreek

At this point I'm willing to try anything to get The Beard back to his normal self. Thanks for listening!

Glad to hear you're enjoying it. I think you may be on to something with a post game podcast because I experience the same frustrations. Hopefully we can start working something like that in.

Thanks so much for listening!

20. TheGoldenGreek