1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Jared Goff

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ItsMyFault, Sep 21, 2015.

1. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

It might be a bit early to start looking at the draft, but after Longhors DC Vance Bedford comments about him and the recent hype that I've seen about him, this might be a guy to look at in the draft for the Texans at QB. I realize there's already a 2016 draft thread, but this guy deserves his own thread if he's as good as he is hyped.

"This is Aaron Rodgers. He's the real deal. This young man is exceptional," Bedford said of Goff, per Kirk Bohls of the Austin American-Statesman. Bedford went on to call Goff one of the best quarterbacks he's ever faced at the college level, which is high praise coming from a coach who has been a defensive assistant at the major college or NFL level since 1987.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ares-cals-jared-goff-to-packers-aaron-rodgers

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">It's still early, but I feel the same about Goff as I did about Luck and Bridgewater at this stage. <a href="https://t.co/T19fI26tHI">https://t.co/T19fI26tHI</a></p>&mdash; Matt Miller (@nfldraftscout) <a href="https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout/status/645986295660052480">September 21, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

#1 ItsMyFault, Sep 21, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
  2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

#LayOffForGoff

#GoofForGoff

#ScoffForGoff

3. MystikArkitect

#WeLostForJared

4. Indaface

Indaface Member

#JerkoffforGoff

5. showa13

showa13 Member

#GoSoft4Goff

But in all seriousness out of all the QB prospects in this class, he looks the best so far. This was supposed to be a better class of QBs coming out but none of them have really stood out to me.

6. rawbrah

rawbrah Member

#botch4goff

#bullsongayparade

7. 713

713 Member

Goff will be a top 3 pick.

Are the Texans that bad to have one of the worst records?

8. Major

Major Member

This is the fundamental problem. If he really is THAT good, there's a good chance he won't be available to the Texans. Unless the Texans truly suck, they are going to have to invest in a non-sure prospect and develop him.

9. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I'm 100% on board. Let Arian take it slow, turn Watt into a two way monster and play Mallett just enough for someone to trade for him.

#SuckOffForGoff

10. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Texans look like they won't have trouble doing their part getting in to the top 3 LOL.

11. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

he lacks melanin so mr mcnair will draft him, but sucks we wont have the number 1 pick this year.. #shouldhavetakenbridgewater

12. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Goff or Cook. I think Goff will be better though.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Does it bother you that you are an awful person? It's not a big deal, I'm just curious about it.

14. Fantasma Negro

All bull**** aside we should've just kept Fitzy

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He's a lot better than Hoyer, but I think all things equal Mallett is the better QB. Right now Fitz is beating up on what is just an awful Colts' defense with basically their entire secondary out to injury and they have basically no pass rush.

16. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Bears will compete for Goff also.

17. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

listen i used to follow the texans religiously, ive suffered through the carr years, and the immobile shaub. When we passed on VY, I was pissed at first simply because I thought we were making a mistake sticking with Carr. But i trusted the front office, especially when we got Cushing and Watt, i was never high on Clowney.. i wanted Teddy and Mack, when we chose Clowney i shrugged it off, but when Teddy fell to number #32 i was screaming at my tv for the texans to make a move and get this kid. Ive seen what this kid did at Louisville and i knew the pro day was not indicitive of what i saw from his games. I figured the Texans had some kind of promise worked out with Teddy if he fell and Manziel was off the board. When the vikings chose him, i stopped following the texans, because i knew Bob McNair was not a racist, but prejudice( which is fine), but i wasnt gonna spend my money and my time on a team that cares about the skin color of a starting qb.

If Manziel had fallen to #32, do you think Bobby McNair trades up 1 SPOT and takes him... I THINK HE DOES

lol by the texans front office being biased they missed out on a generational talent like Bridgewater lol, every other team in the AFC south has their qb of the future except the Texans, and McNair and Rick Smith have no one to blame but themselves

Now we are setting our sights on Goff who is ironically grading out where Bridgewater graded out, and because so many teams missed on Teddy, Goff is sure to go number 1 overall.. so for us to get that kid we are gonna have to waste another prime year of JJ Watt and tank for YET ANOTHER NUMBER 1, when all of this could have been avoided.

So yes i have a right to be upset

1 person likes this.
  18. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

get this trash out of here. please.

welcome to my ignore list.

No room for this ignorance and trash

19. tamericus

tamericus Contributing Member

Might be time to give the reins back to Hoyer.

20. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

You must be a troll. Did you catch Teddy's first game this year? Looked lost. 30 other teams passed on Bridgewater, likely because he's a skinny guy who tanked his pro day. remember RGIII looked quite good after his first season. Better than Teddy, that's for sure. Now look at him -- wheelchair bound.

And why do people always refer to Teddy as a "kid". I've never heard Derek Carr or Andrew Luck described as such.