1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

McHale won us the game. Thank you coach.

2. krouchchocolate

we don't even need a coach. Not like we run any plays!

3. NotChandlerParsons

After McHale put Dorsey in, we won the game. Coincidence? Absolutely not. Hail McHale.

4. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Dorsey over D-mo and Smith, I mean WTF?. It's like he is intentionally trying to lose.

I love virtually all of Morey's player decisions, but his continued commitment to McHale's sorry ass is beginning to overtake all the good player moves he makes in my book.

5. Rockets Win

Rockets Win Rookie

the worst coach in the NBA

You are a little bit wrong. He is not the one of the worst coaches. But he is the worst coach without"one of".

He might be a good communicator (this is why players support him) but he is bad coach. We don't have a structured offense. Too many Harden 1v1. Too many bad 3-point shots. Defensive improvement this year should be attributed to our new defensive coach instead of him. His slow reaction to what is happening on the court is killing us. It will be more evident in the playoffs where wisdom of a coach is a key to a team's success.

6. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Mchale is an awful coach.

7. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Totally agree , he has to be one of the worst strategists & game planers I've ever seen.

Really wonder what it would take for him to get fired this offseason.

First round exit probably doesn't do it as we all heard what Les said and to some extent he's right , the competition is as tough as its ever been in the West. 10 teams , two wont make the playoffs and 4 more will exit after the first round.

Would they cut him loose if the team failed to make the post season all together ?!
    Would it be worth it for the fans just to get rid of McHale ?! Who are the replacement candidates in that scenario ??

If Howard goes out for an extended period of time , I think that gives McHale an excuse and he stays even if they don't make the top 8.

Tough to see them missing the playoffs as even if they went .500 from here on out they'd finish with 49 wins meaning one of OKC or NO would have to finish 28-11 to pass them (not considering tie breakers). That's .718 over 39 games.

McHale is probably safe for this season .... unless they have a catastrophic collapse.

8. RudyT43

RudyT43 Member

Dorsey was in on the last possession for offensive rebounding purposes, gotta have a big guy out there if you want a second chance

9. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Smith or DMo are better options.

10. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

11. MissouriRocket

His rookie ones.

12. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

We should give coach credit for effectively managing our frontcourt to nullify Dirk and Chandler. Even though he seemed cautious about TJ going into the game, Mchale allowed TJ's performance dictate where and when he saw the court rather than be overly conservative.

Also, kudos for reigning in the 1st half Josh Smith PG experiment without any hard feelings. The end result was some great play on BOTH ends by Smoove when it mattered most.

13. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

Happen to catch that out of bounds play McHale ran for Josh at the 1:10 sec mark last night? A thing of beauty.

LOL at the uninformed proclaiming McHale never runs plays.

14. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I'll confess that one surprised the hell out of me(and the Mavs defense apparently). With 5 seconds left in that possession, I did not have a good feeling. Props to McHale and the team for executing that one perfectly.

15. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

It's funny readin alot of fans on the mavs board wants Rick fired. It just goes to show how fickle/stupid most fans are when it comes to coaching.

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

No doubt. Plenty of Bulls and Spurs fans also want to fire their coaches too.

I'm sure if the Hawks or Warriors go on a 3 game losing streak you'll see fans calling for their heads too. It's just way too easy to blame the coach for everything, so that's what most upset fans do.

17. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

the smartest thing about that play was harden setting the pick. you know rondo is not gonna switch that and leave harden. Also Dirk's D on that play was so pathetic it needs to go viral.

#9857 ipaman, Jan 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  18. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

1 person likes this.
  19. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

Yeah because he is going to go in depth on his game plan to ESPN :rolleyes:
    No coach ever says exactly what he's going to do when it comes to injuries. We had a good stretch of wins when Dwight was out last time, and I'm sure McHale knows how to deal with it at this point. Stop expecting so much. Too high maintenance

20. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Riiiiiiight. McHale's top secret game plans such as "play harder" or the famous... "stay in front of your man". Guys we just need to play harder, c'mon guys.