1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Rant] Angry Redneck: "I'll kill you and your dog"

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by AGBee, Oct 5, 2008.

1. AGBee

AGBee Member

Need to rant for a bit, so bear with me.

For the past half year or so I've been walking my parents' dog, Gracie, for them in the evening. Here's a picture of her:

[​IMG]

She's a quiet, old dog, and doesn't take much interest in other people or animals. Her typical walk consists of doing a lap around the neighborhood on the sidewalk, taking her time to smell the scents of the other dogs that have been walking around. Occasionally people express concern that she's going to make a mess in their yard, and I reassure them that I'll be picking up after her if she decides to take a #2. This is usually enough to satisfy most people.

So anyway, there's a guy that lives around the corner that is always sitting out in his driveway, usually drinking a beer and chatting with his neighbors. I don't know him, but would wave and say "hi" or "howdy" to him as I passed by on the opposite side of the street. Typically he would ignore me or stare at me as I walked past, so after a while I gave up on trying to say anything.

Around 7 months ago or so, my sister and I happened to be walking Gracie on the sidewalk in front of his house. Gracie was walking on the bit of grass between the sidewalk and the street when the guy voiced how disrespectful we were being to his property by "maliciously" (his word) allowing our dog to soil his yard. I'm kind of surprised by this first contact. He then goes on to say that by letting my dog walk by his house, I'm causing all of the animals in the neighborhood to be attracted to his yard. He also complains about Gracie using the bathroom in other people's yards (not his). I let him know that I pick up after my dog, to which he replies "You don't pick up his piss". Ok...

I raise the fact that he has a dog of his own and that may explain why dogs are attracted to his yard. He's hearing none of it, and we end up bickering and yelling at each other for a while before I apologize to him and promise to never let my dog near his yard again. Since then, I've never allowed Gracie to go over to that side of the street if we happen to be walking that way. He usually stares at me as I walk by and I give him a blank look or ignore him.

Tonight, we're walking down that street and he's sitting out in his yard. Gracie and I are walking down the middle of the street. As we get closer to his house, she starts to pull towards his house. I let her get within a few feet of the curb, but no closer. As we walk in front of his driveway, he comes down to the curb and starts shaking his head. I keep walking by. When I'm a couple yards past, I can hear him complaining about my "f**king dog". I turn around and ask him if he has a problem. He comes over to me, gets up in my face, and say he has a problem with me and my dog. I ask him what we did, and he says the dog was in his yard near the light pole. I find this interesting as he was sitting in his driveway, and there's about 6 feet of hurricane debris (tree limbs, fences) stacked up around the light pole that would prevent him from seeing anything on the other side of it from his chair. I tell him that we didn't go into his yard, he couldn't have seen whether we were or not, and that he can't do anything about us walking down the street. He calls me a liar. He's a bit bigger than me, and gets right into my face and tries to intimidate me. We're both starting to get pissed at this point, dropping f-bombs and what not. I ask him if he's going to hit me. He tells me that he's tired of my sh** and he better not see me walking down the street again "or else". I ask him what that means, telling him that it sounds like a threat against me and my pet. He just keeps saying try it and see what happens. I tell him he's full of it and walk off.

When I get to the corner or the street a few houses down, his poodle comes running down the street and he's chasing and calling after it. I tell him that he needs to keep better control of his pet, and that he shouldn't be letting it run around other people's yards off of a leash. I note that his dog seems to frequently be on the loose (it is). He really loses his cool at that point. He runs up to me, grabs my arm, pushes me in the chest, and says that he's going to kill me and my dog while his face is inches from mine. I tell him that I should call the cops. He replies go ahead while he's walking back down the street. At this point I'm just tired of his antics and proceed to go home.

I tell my parents about this since I don't want them to get blindsided by the guy if he happens to be crazy enough to try attacking them or their dog. They go over to his house to confront him. At this point he has about 8 or so of his neighbors in his driveway and some weird guy in a golf cart full of people in front of his house. He basically denies threatening anybody, His neighbors are sticking up for him, a bunch of yelling ensues, and nothing useful is accomplished.

Anyway, I realise this is probably TLDR material, but I just want to know what the **** is wrong with people? What makes people act like this? It's just hard to understand. I wanted to pop the guy in his nose so badly but didn't since that's probably what he wanted and it wouldn't end up well for me.

[​IMG]
    "I'm king of the street! I'll kill you and your dog!"

2. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

U TELL UR DAD IMMA SHOT HIM AND HE GONNA GO JAIL U KNOW DAMN RIGHT!

3. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

The guy is obviously crazy and I hate people like that.
    Arguing with such people is a waste of time and confronting them is not a good idea. Do you think that will really help.
    Also, don't threaten to call the cops, you need to go ahead and call them!
    If a police officer has a good talk with your idiot neighbor that will probably put the end to this situation.
    I strongly recommend to call the police tomorrow and report this...just so they will have it on the record in case your redneck neighbor decides to do something stupid...just be sure to use the non-emergency number when calling the police :p

4. AGBee

AGBee Member

Yeah, in hindsight I should have called after he charged me.

I just feel for my parents because they're the ones that have to live near him.

5. Hoee Ass

Hoee Ass Member

There are some r****ded f'in people in this world. Sucks for you man, that guy is full of crap. And yeah, definately cal the cops cause this guy is an a-hole/ idiot. Maybe next time if he gets close, you can pepper spray him in the eye. :p

6. dback816

dback816 Member

I don't think I can find a redneck like that around here even if I tried

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Ill go with you and beat that guys ass. You won me over with the pic of Gracie. Anyone here isn't down for the cause is a bad person.

8. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Nothing good can come from this. Just ignore him. I know he makes you mad...but it's better than getting hurt or vandalism to your parents home over a minor dispute.

9. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

What's that going to accomplish? That guy and his 8 neighbor buddies would probably beat up his parents in retaliation.

Here's something good I learned from someone when I was younger. If you're going to beat someone, kill him. :p

10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

boobytrap his house with termites

11. AGBee

AGBee Member

One of his drinking buddy's kids already keyed my dad's truck months ago. They also throw rocks and unopened soda cans against their house in the middle of the night. The guy that lives next to him has called the cops on the kid before, but the parents don't give a crap. They probably encourage that type of behavior.

12. Omer

Omer Member

Oh wow, you definitely have to report that and call the cops about this crap too. Have to control the situation somehow before he causes more harm to your parents.

13. Fatty FatBastard

On a serious note, that isn't a dog, it's an opossum.

And it's always a good idea to move away from your parents.

Am I the only one who knows it is obvious we're only hearing one side of the story?

You knew this neighbor had problems, yet you chose to provoke him, more than once.

Next time you walk your opossum, head the opposite direction down the street.

Compromise, buddy. Don't antagonize.

#13 Fatty FatBastard, Oct 5, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2008
  14. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Man it really pisses me off when stuff like this happens and you have to be the bigger person and stay under control. Personally I would go back to his house in the middle of the night with some friends and f*** it up and THEN walk by with my dog the next day and mock him. But thats just me. ;)

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Bring a tape recorder next time.......

DD

16. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

he sounds like a real winner... YEEE HAAAAW

17. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

If he grabbed you and threatened to kill you thats assault and battery.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I would bring the police into it......for sure.......

DD

19. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Is that an actual picture of the guy? In this case, I would NOT argue with that person. Rather stay away from the guy. Any chance to move to a different neighborhood?

20. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

I had a similar situation once....

My wife and I were walking my dog one afternoon. I was carrying a plastic bag because our neighborhood association will fine you if you don’t pickup your dogs poop. So we pass by this house and a guy starts yelling out to us that we better not let our dog poop in his yard. I’m surprised because this guy is always jogging right by our house and he looks like a very educated and nice man. He had a little accent and I didn’t understand what he yelled out. So I turned and started walking towards him and I asked him "I’m sorry, what did you say?" All of a sudden his accent disappeared and was like, "Look, I don’t want any problems." My wife tells me what he said and tells me to come on....don’t worry about it. Then the idiot says, "I was telling you not to let your dog poop in my yard". I was holding the bag in my hand and lifted up to him. "What do you think this is for?" He looked at me and said nothing. I turned and walked away and he says "I'm solly!"

I try to wave at the guy when he runs by and he doesnt look up. I love all of my neighbors.