1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Over 700 killed in Hajj stampede - Arabs claim it's God's will/martyrdom

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Honey Bear, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-34346449

Muslim opinions on this?

Not extremists, just regular, every day followers.

And here's where things get ugly.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/sep/25/saudi-arabia-hajj-stampede-mecca-safety

We are seeing the religion of no accountability falling apart at the seams. 1,000 killed in accidents at Mecca in the last 2 weeks... celebrated as martyrs.

2. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Muslims are outraged and Saudi is getting plenty of heat for this. Most Muslims can't stand Saudi.

But you're trolling here anyway, right?

3. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

I don't think anyone takes him seriously. Apparently he's spoken with numerous Islamic scholars and Muslim dignitaries, but equates Hitler's propaganda with Islam.

4. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Insha Allah.

5. Honey Bear

It's all relative. Naturally, the guy who takes the dude promising him 72 virgins in the afterlife seriously isn't going to like a dose of reality.

6. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I don't think God's Will is a new concept or one that belong to one particular religion.

7. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Serious question!

Does the 72 Virgins apply to Women martyrs as well, or does this only apply for the Male martyrs?

Regardless, sad to hear of this tragedy!

8. Exiled

Exiled Member

The following examples are just some of the very many occurrences of death by crowd crush:

Lima, Peru, 1964 - more than 300 people died and 500 injured as a result of a RIOT that resulted from an unpopular referee decision at a Football (Soccer) match. This remains the worst ever sporting disaster in sport
    Glasgow, Scotland, 1971- 66 people died at a football (soccer) match when a late goal caused fans leaving the stadium to suddenly RUSH back in
    Bradford, England, 1985 - 56 people BURNED to death in a football stadium
    Sheffield, England, 1989 - 96 people CRUSHED to death as a result of OVERCROWDING and pressure of spectators forcing their way into the terraces in a particular part of the stadium. Spectators at the front of the terrace were crushed up against a fence, and some died even while standing up.
    Nalchik, Russia. 1998 - 22 people killed as BALCONY GIVES WAY holding more than 100 people, mostly children, and crushes people below. The event was a Russian National Freestyle Competition.
    Johannesburg, South Africa, 2001- 43 people crushed to death during a crowd STAMPEDE in which spectators were rushing to get seats

Again those tragedy took place among thousands ,Hajj attract million of people

9. Honey Bear

The difference, of course, is that organizers didn't honor them as martyrs to deflect from their own negligence.

The difference, of course, is these people weren't told to be honored they died in the name of a religion that will reward them in the afterlife.

Something every Muslim on this board believes.

These are a few of the obvious flaws with mainstream Islam that followers choose to ignore or look past, then come back with vigor against the evil Western empires every time they are forced into military action.

It's time to take accountability... or the wrath of Allah will continue to be felt.

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Didn't Pat Robertson call 9/11 God's will also?

11. Exiled

Exiled Member

:)
    Do you know what's worst than most of 1.5 billion Muslims believes!
    That there are over 5 billions people from various religions/cultures believes in the same thing
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martyr

By the way if someone you love the most like ATW died . Would you have comforts knowing that he is a martyr in heaven with thousand of transgendered partners having a great time ?:rolleyes:

12. Cohete Rojo

Was Pat Robertson in a position of accountability for 9/11? I get it - they give us oil so we give them a break.

13. Cohete Rojo

You failed to mention the numerous other Insha Allahs from Hajj stampedes. This wasn't the first. To my knowledge, those above mentioned tragedies were not Insha Allahed away.

14. Honey Bear

Did I just read another death threat by a Muslim against someone in a civilized nation discouraging free speech? It seems when this life is pointless, and everything we do is for an orgy in the after life, there are no lows we won't stoop to.

It's hard to determine whether I'm talking to a misguided teen or another Hugh Hefner wannabe. Except while he's doing it in this lifetime, you and your buddies at the mosque fantasize about doing it in the afterlife. Death, suicide, rape, molesting younger boys... it's all a test run for the big post-mortem party that no one will ever be able to verify exists. So let's keep up the charade, ladies. And don't you question him, or he'll knock you around like a good husband should!

Find me the Christians, atheists and Hindu's that believe in the Koranic interpretation of martyrdom, the worthlessness of this life and an almighty reverence for death, and I'll buy you a first class plane ticket to Mecca. The word martyr means completely different things to each and every sect of humanity, and if you can't see how Islam's version is completely perverted from the others...

then may Allah have mercy on your soul.

15. rage

rage Member

It's not limited to Islam, there are apologists in other religions as well.
    When you question why Christian God allowed christians to be killed for various things, ie. children with cancer,I was always told they are in a better place , with god ...

16. Exiled

Exiled Member

Hold your horses Drama Queen and try to just re-think of what things actually does means .

I stopped reading after you first line, obviously someone mentally not healthy enough to have a debate with .

17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Is there actually one single poster here that is willing to come out and say that he thinks any of what Exiled posts is acceptable?

18. malakas

malakas Member

And promises of heaven chatting with Saint Peter under an apple tree if you die after doing good deeds in life are to be taken more seriously?

I actually had the same question.:grin:
    What's there in it for a female to convert to Islam? I hope no 72 virgin males. That would be more like hell.

19. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

What is he saying that's so unacceptable?

The OP have two topic. One is the Saudi statement of God's Will, the other is some Muslim Opinion. They aren't very different.

On the Muslim's opinion. These people die while worshiping. How they want to grief through their religious view is up to each of those that lost love ones. And really, this isn't a new or unique concept. There are very personal sad story about someone losing a child and their religious parent, very angry, sad, or however, deal with it in their own way including accepting it as God's will. Some have comfort in that. Even prior to established religion, King and noble's men reference God(s) will for personal disaster such as losing war and their kingdom, and accept it as such.

On the Saudi's statement of God's Will. That is pretty disgusting and after reading that article, I see there are much anger toward them for blaming the victim and inability to setup safe conditions.

20. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

His worst posts are the gore filled YouTube videos he ruins threads with because he does not spoiler them.

On topic: Saudi Arabia is a terrible place. How many people have died there due to unsafe conditions within the past couple of months? I think close to 1000.