1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden in Overtime

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Keyser Soze, Apr 21, 2014.

Tags:
  1. pass_to_Hakeem

Yeah I wasn't truly understand his last 2 shot attempts in OT!! The last shot he hesitated then drove inside and got stuck in "No mans land". You got to get a better shot attempt than that. Wow!

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Thank you.
    I don't blame any of y'all. I needed to get that knee jerk out of my system.

#62 RedRedemption, Apr 21, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
  3. Hmm

Hmm Member

You know... people used to say the same thing about our defensively deficient bromantic '99 backcourt led team when Rudy was at the helm of a young still developing team.... Then a no-nonsense coach came in, and Cat suddenly showed great defensive promise... along with Kelvin Cato (who used to be criticized for being lazy, was showing tremendous effort, had defensive highlights against a prime Shaq).... and Steve Francis (a knucklehead player that doesn't want to put in the effort) was shipped out... and suddenly, in a year's time, we were known for our defense....

I wonder how you account for that......

4. yummyhawtsauce

That's what really confused me too, his 3 looked rushed, and on the last shot, he hit batum with the step back but didn't pull the trigger, it looked he didn't get enough space with the step back or was he just hesistant???!?!

5. conquistador#11

trade beard-mac now before he gets a flat tire against toronto and gets rejected by the rim! everyone follow me to the biggest building and jump off the roof!

Expecting harden to show up huge next couple of games. what is not an over reaction is freaking L.A. We need chuck hayes to specifically stick him.

6. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

This game reminded me of Game 7 against Utah in 07.

7. Asian Sensation

He had Joel Freaking Freedland guarding the post and he decides to settle for an off balance fade away jumper instead of attacking. WTF :confused::eek:

8. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

You just went full r****d. Go to sleep and stop making an ass out of yourself.

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Our offense is just unwatchable at times.

But what lost us the game was our defense.

10. Hmm

Hmm Member

This is why McHale cuts him so much slack and gives him so much free reign.... Are you surprised...?

11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

James Harden is basically Corey Maggette with a better three point shot.

Not a superstar and shouldn't be labeled as one.

12. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Hell yeah, thanks, I've been looking for a new sig.

1 person likes this.
  13. SunsRocketsfan

We looked great for a stretch with Lin and bev as the back court. Harden really cost us this game. Made one more basket we would have won.. His turn overs, ball stopping and bad decisions killed us. This lost was on harden.
    Wasted effort by bev, parsons, Dwight and Lin in OT by harden

14. gambingo

gambingo Member

Kind of bafflling he settled for 3s in OT when they didn't have Lopez/LMA out there. Only reason i could think of is fatigue. Portland's game plan was obvious from the start that they were going to make him exert energy on defense for the entire game; i guess it paid off for them.

Still though, i'm very disappointed in his play tonight, and Dwight's inability to make fts is going to keep haunting us.

15. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

This team was wining big before Hack-a-Howard. This is your turning point.

16. Mr. Space City

8-28 from the field and 3-14 from 3 is terrible no matter how you look at it.

and seeing how harden shot under 40% in the playoffs last year and how he looked in the finals in 2012, it's starting to become a slight concern.

not to mention the utter disrespect the blazers showed by going right at him to start game.

17. pass_to_Hakeem

Understanding ^

18. Swishh

Swishh Member

[​IMG]

Stop crying. You act as if Portland doesn't have two amazing players as well.

Aldridge > Howard, Harden > Lillard. Whichever team has the better supporting cast will win this series.

19. Hmm

Hmm Member

Coaching....

What was McHale's gameplan for Aldridge...?

20. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

It's not just a bad game for Harden, it's the WAY he plays the game under certain situation. He's not very smart in terms of knowing what's going on in the game. When you're down by 1pt with 40secs, you don't settle for 3...PERIOD!! I don't care how good a shooter you are!! You only does it when you run out of time or something or you're absolutely wide open. Other wise, he needs to attack and try to draw foul especially when the other team are in foul trouble and they don't have Lopez and you just need 1pt to tied it up. Not only he failed to see this, he did the same damm thing before the OT when we have 3secs left with game tied up. They inbound him the ball inside the 3 pt line...he caught it and ran to the 3 pt line to settle for 3pts...wtf?? LOL...the game is tied up...why 3?? Why not just try to drive or draw foul or something. He's stupid. So is the coach for continuing letting him be stupid.