1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2015-2016] Jeremy Lin as a Charlotte Hornet

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by swyyyguy, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

[ LATE RESPONSE to MONTH old post ]

Alright, HOW did you come to THAT conclusion that its comparing Kobe's status to Lin's status? (A complete false dichotomy you created there. I'll explain my comment to where its better understood. Because there is actual substance to my approach)

It was a SEPARATE observation and jab at Kobe....Its to say that Kobe Bryant, not just the biggest chucker in the NBA, but of all players in the HISTORY of ALL sports he is the BIGGEST HYPOCRITE to be talking about proper late game shot selection.

Just like its well known that Lin makes bad jump passes, its universally known that Kobe shoots JUNK hero-ball shots ESPECIALLY at the end of the clock. Kobe bashing by itself is still enjoyable. It did NOT DIMINISH the amount of Lin's bad decision making.

I don't know how you are in other threads, you're an okay guy probably. But HERE your needless role to cherry pick comments and paint anyone as a "Lin apologist" to make yourself look like you're in CF high ground hasnt worked.

I joined this site when Jeremy Lin was still a little runt in middle school. Explain why I would need to be in any "LOF" bandwagon of delusion? :confused:

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

You're a loooooooser.

3. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Jerry,

You are butter on my bread
    Tiger balm on my back
    The feng, in my shui
    The bok in my choy.

I bleed for you
    Like a chicken neck in Chinatown
    So this is what it feels like
    When Dove Cry

I have taken time out of my busy day to send you this.

Following should be viewed with a parent behind you, it is PG+.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Why do Lin and his worshippers care so much about him starting? How about just helping the team win? But anyways....let the attack on Kemba Walker commence.....

<a href="http://www.christianpost.com/news/jeremy-lin-news-linsanity-star-at-starting-pg-what-about-charlottes-kemba-walker-143578/">Jeremy Lin should start over Kemba Walker!!!!!!</a>

Teeheehee......insider report from Yibada!

Oh really? How so?

LOL. Right...... He had plenty of opportunities on both teams but FAILED. Always an excuse.

So Walker would be comfortable playing in a role that he has never done before. Right. Great LOF logic right there.

And the last line..... LOL, pretty much sums up Jeremy Lin under pressure.

Hey Lin worshippers, here is how Rockets and Lakers fans felt about Jeremy Lin and his fans as he was shown the door.

[​IMG]

Keep attacking his teammates to put your hero on the pedestal and Hornets fans will be doing the same.

#1604 Zboy, Aug 25, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
  5. mig0s

mig0s Member

^^please post more insight on your bff thx

6. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

I can understand posting and commenting in this thread about Lin and whatever you think of him. But when you say you don't care and seek out other information sources about him. That can get creepy. As such carry on with your flame wars.

1 person likes this.
  7. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Lakers trying to fill the huge Jeremy Lin void with......

.....Yi JianLian?? :grin::grin::grin:

<a href="http://www.movienewsguide.com/los-angeles-lakers-lose-jeremy-lin-charlotte-hornets-now-rope-yi-jianlian-woo-asian-market/86837">Jeremy Lin to lose his spot to Yi JianLian....</a>

"Their star player Jeremy Lin has now switched from LA Lakers to Charlotte Hornets. The team management is trying to woo another Asian-American descent Yi Jianlian as replacement of J Lin."

"This was said to be the worst performance of the franchise ever, in spite of which they were able to gain sufficient publicity and marketing. The only reason was their star player Lin, who has a global fan following popularly known as linsanity."

"Lin is already a star player of NBA and has significant presence in Hollywood. "

"They are trying to rope in Yi Jianlian as Lins’ replacement. Jianlian is a super talented player too; he has won CBA title thrice and has been part of several clubs in NBA."

"Although, now the deal seems to be closed, Lakers definitely cannot bring Jeremy Lin back to team. If he would have agreed to stay back to Lakers he did not have gained much regarding his game with front players like Julius Randle, Ryan Kelly, Jonathan Holmes and Larry Nancy."

[​IMG]

8. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

movienewsguide . com?

Jilted lovers, all of you

9. marky :)

marky :) Member

Movienewsguide's definition of star is vastly different than mines.

If Errormy Lin is a 'star' then what does that make James Harden, a super-mega-ultra-star-lord?

10. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I love this thread.

Jeremy is a good person, but he's more of a D-League player at this point.

I loved Clutch's quote of how atrocious he was for us after 82 games.

I can't forgive him for his selfish errors during our series against Portland. That turnover and missing a layup that he didn't need to take.

He wanted to be a "hero" and tried to be on the same level as James and Dwight.

It was a mistake to sign him, especially at the rate we did.

If given the opportunity, I would sign Aaron Brooks or John Lucas III over him 10 times out of 10.

I hope he finds a good spot, but this nonsense about him not being in his natural position or blaming coaches is ridiculous.

Every decent player knows how to adjust.

Jeremy didn't do anything particularly well as a player, but he was a good teammate on the bench until the end. You could see him pouting about minutes near the end, but that was one of the few moves that I agreed with Kevin McHale about.

The best part of him being on another team is the the clean-up on the board. It was a hellish time to post here when every Lin fan only cared about his stats and gave less than a F if we were losing. That fanbase is still incredibly odd to me.

We're blessed that LA took him off our hands, but he should pay a portion of his salary for that Portland series. It was worse than Yao not getting the rebound in game 7 against Utah.

1 person likes this.
  11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

In Lin's defense, he does try to act like an NBA starter 82 times a year.

"True Story accurately depicted in a few words. 5 stars (not the Jeremy Lin kind)." - Gene Siskel

"Beautifully written. Makes me want to come out of my grave and watch some Hornet games." - Roger Ebert

#1611 Zboy, Aug 26, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
  12. omgTHEpotential

So... is it agreed upon now that Jeremy Lin's tenure with the Knicks was a fluke? Or does he still have the potential to become a superstar?

13. hvic

hvic Member

I still wish we could of kept Dragic instead of signing Lin. Les was probably seeing dollar signs when he sign Lin because of possible endorsements.

14. DuDDleyDawsonII

Dat couple weeks of Linsanity was a joke. Nobody knew anything about him because he came out of nowhere. Did he even have a scouting report ?

15. DappyDan

DappyDan Member

There's a chance he can still be a super star. Steve Nash didn't become the player we know now until he was 26-27 years old. If Lin can get back to where he was, I will acknowledge it and be sincerely happy for him. Until then, he is a bonafide bench player and his fanbase is delusional.

16. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Just no, no.

17. omgTHEpotential

[​IMG]

18. DappyDan

DappyDan Member

I never said the odds of that happening were good though, lol.

19. sew

sew Member

Pretty much. He can be effective if you let him play to his strengths, but as soon as you take those away, he is useless.

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member