1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Feigan: Rockets would send wrong message by not matching Lowry offer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by the_hustler, Jul 14, 2010.

1. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

mods: please integrate this with the other kyle lowry thread if necessary.

2. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Feigan definitely reads this board. On a side note do we have the LLE this year. Anyone. If we do is that enough to lock up Miller. I think not.

3. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

We do, but even if we don't, we still have MLE money. And who does this Brad guy think he is by stringing us along in his free agency circus? He needs to make a decision!!! SOON! :mad:

4. iconoclastism

iconoclastism Member

5. Prince

Prince Member

Nobrainer.

6. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

For the lazies like me:

7. Nero

Nero Member

Hmmmm.... now is this genius in the works?

I know we had a week to match, which is fine. The cut-throat thing to do would be to wait 6 days and 23 hours to match, to most-effectively weaken another NBA team by reducing their ability to make similar offers to other players (kind of like what happened to us a while back when we tried to grab that center, what's-his-name), and thought we had him, only to have the team match at the very last minute.

However, Morey's announcement seems to imply that we are NOT going to wait, we are going to be the nice guys.

Or are we?

It doesn't say WHEN we will do the paperwork of matching, maybe we get the good solid rep points of declaring this early, but it may still 'take a few days' to get it all finalized. And all the while Cleveland is left twisting, their money tied up, and knowing that they still are not getting KL.

Brilliant.

Think of the message THAT sends anyone who was thinking of making a move on Scola..

Are you listening, NJ?? NYET! No Scola for you!

8. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I bet if Morey had pulled the ole "we're waiting to see the results of tests on his ankle" that he used on Landry, this whole Cleveland offer nonsense could have been avoided. DM is slipping.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Heh.....

He had to match, even if they thought it was too much.

Glad he did, love the tea leave readers on Clutchfans trying to discern what that means for Brooks.

DD

10. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I love it too. It's silly that this means Brooks is gone. Brooks/Lowry brought a lot to this team and Morey is smart enough to know that they are both important for the Rockets. This also allows for Brooks to play less minutes so he doesn't risk injury.

I love this move and I'm glad the Rockets matched.