1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Oscar Torres

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by holdthechise, Oct 27, 2002.

1. holdthechise

holdthechise Member

Man Hold up.....I knew Oscar showed signes of brilliance last preseason, but damn... he shouldn't have been cut. Freakin Tito Maddox should not even been broughten to camp. Tito sucks hard. Man I thought he was gonna be something good but guess what, he got Oscar's spot. Oscar you know what, get another team and kick the Rockets ass when you play against them again ok!! Oscar you know you are good but you just proved yourself too late, to early in the 2002-03 season. Tito you got lucky this year baby!!........... Holla....ROCKETS-2002-03 and forever......!!!!!

JunBug

2. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

I am in the process of tossing my CPU out the window...

3. Truth

Truth Member

.How can you tell somebody to join another team and kick the Rockets a** and then turn around and say Rockets Forever?

....Krraaaazay.

4. MONON

MONON Member

Tito may not make the squad yet. The Chronical listed 16 player's profiles. Counting the IR, we can only have 15 players listed. I think either Maddox or Hawkins will be cut. Pete M., T MO & someone else will be on IR.

5. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

It sounds like Hawkins should be in. It's Mickeal who's likely to be cut. I agree with hold; it's a shame we had to let Oscar go when Tito will likely make the team. Oh well. It's not like these guys will see significant minutes.

6. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Really? From what I heard, it sounded as though Hawkins would make it and Pete would probably go. I seemed to hear nothing but good from him. (Hawkins.)

7. Woofer

Woofer Contributing Member

Anybody heard anything about what Oscar is going to do now?

8. DearRock

DearRock Contributing Member

Coach Eric Musselman watched his 6-year-old son, Michael, dribble flawlessly across the court after Sunday's workout and joked, "I thought he was going to get some run today."

Dad needed him.

Musselman's Warriors practiced with eight of their 12 players, three days before their regular-season opener against the San Antonio Spurs at the Arena in Oakland. General manager Garry St. Jean said the team likely will sign at least one player soon, perhaps before today's 3 p.m. deadline to set Opening Night rosters.

One possibility is 6-foot-6 shooting guard Oscar Torres, whom the Houston Rockets released Thursday. Torres, 25, a native of Venezuela, averaged 6 points as a rookie last season in 65 games, including 13 starts. He made 16 of 27 shots (59.3 percent) in six preseason games this month.

The Warriors were shorthanded Sunday because guard Jiri Welsch (cut left hand) joined point guard Bob Sura (strained right calf) and small forward Chris Mills (left Achilles tendinitis) on the sideline. Welsch and Sura are questionable for Wednesday, according to a team official, and Musselman has said he expects Mills to start the season on the injured list.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/chronicle/archive/2002/10/28/SP108183.DTL

9. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

That would probably be a good fit for Oscar. Good luck!

10. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

I hope OT will suceed in Warriors and if he does this will hunt RT for the rest of his coaching career.

11. TheHorns

TheHorns Member

AMEN

12. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

Actually, I think Rudy wouldn't mind, just so they don't kill us. Cases in point: Cassell, Horry, Elie, Dickerson, Othella. I'm sure he is real happy for them.