1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

does anybody think we can make the playoffs this year?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by brahma rocket, Dec 23, 1999.

1. brahma rocket

brahma rocket Member

and how many weeks till olajuwon comes back?

2. CaucasionSensation

3. Steve_Francis_rules

I think if the Rockets can get into a bit of a rhythm in the next couple of weeks they have a realistic shot at the playoffs, but they are kind of cutting it close.

4. bballfanatic

bballfanatic Member

I kept passing this post up cus -

I really don't think so but I hate to be negative about the situation. I hope the players don't give up on the season regardless of what we as fans think. We are hardly experts on the matter.

Hakeem won't be back till sometime in January, possibly late January. Unless some miracle happens and we start winning games (like less turnovers and making free throws), I think it will be too late to make the playoffs.

5. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Its not that hard for this team. Just cut down turnovers and we can make the playoffs. But rudy really wants to get a draft pick. If you notice in his interviews he always brings up that he wants to go and get someone good in the draft.

6. alaskansnowman

We could make it if we stopped screwing up in the 4th. But that will probably happen when Hakeem comes back, and I think the Rockets will have dug themselves in a big hole by the time Hakeem comes back.