1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which team does Charles Barkley hate the most?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by plutoblue11, May 29, 2016.

1. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Being the opinionated, sometimes boisterous personality that he is. He often has a noticeable and very persistent criticism of certain teams:

1. Golden State Warriors: He's hated them, since they popped as an elite NBA team winning with small ball, jump-shooting, and a certain charismatic point guard. He believes that they are illegitimate all-time great team.

2. Houston Rockets (Us)
    : He's been critical of the Rockets, since the latter half of his playing days. I think it was a little obvious when they brought in Pippen. It was blatant in his contract negotiations, where he still mentions that the Rockets (Les Alexander) owe him money or underpaid in his last days. For some odd reason, he had distinct dislike for Yao Ming, who he said would, "...never score 20 points in game." Though, he did lighten up Yao, when he matured as basketball talent. Still, Barkley hasn't resisted his Houston hatred for criticizing one Daryl Morey (Our Maury) -- who believes his approach to game with analytics and infusing number-oriented metrics into a basketball teams is quite simply, "stupid idea for people who can't play sports." He has been snipping at Morey for almost a decade now -- never relenting. It doesn't stop there, he has often been critical of one beard -- James Harden. If not for his style of play, it's his leadership skills, or his lifestyle, off the court (even though Chuck was probably 10x worst than Harden -- Harden has never done anything illegal or been arrested before).

3. Phoenix Suns: Everytime he talks about his days with the Suns, it's almost like a bitter breakup that he had.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/02/charles-barkley-rant-phoenix-suns-food-cheerleaders-tnt

He hasn't had nice things to say about his playing days there, he wasn't too high on the Nash-D'Antoni led Suns and their minor dominance in the West.

4. Any team led by "that damn LeBron James"
    : He has often hinted that he doesn't think LeBron is a "real all-time great." Barkley, like other LeBron critics, often pointed out how LeBron had "to conspire with other superstars to create a championship team." Barkley often will go further and point out LeBron's lack of rings for not considering him an all-time great. Moreover, he noticeably promotes lesser all-stars or players over LeBron when given the chance. "Leonard is a more important player than LeBron James." He clearly has some sort of spite towards LeBron James for whatever reason.

4. Atlanta Hawks: He has never had kind of thing to say about the Hawks. Calling their 60 win season "a fluke." They are only a consistent playoff team by accident, even though they've had second longest active playoff appearance streak (behind San Antoino) -- 9 consecutive seasons. In fact, the Hawks have made the playoffs 21 seasons out of the last 31 NBA seasons. Clearly, not a real NBA playoff team, definitely not a potential contender in Charles' mind.

5. Dallas Mavericks: You could say he disliked this team with passion, during the mid-2000s. Oddly, he has been more favorable of them, since they appeared in a few NBA Finals and were able to win.

francis 4 prez likes this.
  2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Barkley told me in January when I saw the tnt crew in Vegas that les still owes him money. Like no hesitation in his reply.

3. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Rockets like a diet coke... Comparing rockets like the warriors lite. Just for those who didnt see it.

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

i thought it was obvious that chuck is just there for the giggles. basketball analysis isn't something expected from him.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  5. what

what Member

I usually agree with chuck on basketball, anybody that really thinks that the warriors are better this year than last year is just drinking koolaid.

However, I don't agree with him about the rockets this year. The rockets have a lot of young players that play the right way, and harden isn't as selfish as he used to be. The rockets are a scrappy team. I like the rockets this year, and I haven't liked a rockets team in a while.

6. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I don't think Barkley has any personal issue with LeBron. Before LBJ lost in the '14 and '15 Finals, Chuck was saying that he could surpass MJ. He's stated outright that LeBron's better than Kobe.

7. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

right now he seems to hate on the warriors the most but we clearly were the leader last year so we'll have to see if we make it back on top. i think he likes lebron quite a bit from everything i've heard him say about him.

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If the rockets screwed me by three million dollars I would hate them too