1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Jeremy Lin, Greg Smith, Francisco Garcia after Rockets 111-103 win over Magic

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Jeremy Lin and Greg Smith (and Francisco Garcia on the way) after the Houston Rockets' 111-103 win over the Orlando Magic on 4/1/2013.

Lin seemed to be in a good mood... spoke more openly than usual about the balance of playing with James Harden. Some good stuff in there.

Jeremy Lin
    [youtube]EXimGGDhHUI[/youtube]

Greg Smith
    [youtube]a_EY3JSHpwk[/youtube]

Francisco Garcia, who played at Louisville, also talked about the Kevin Ware injury.

Francisco Garcia
    [youtube]bvu7h6x4Tic[/youtube]

1 person likes this.
  2. MartianMan

MartianMan Contributing Member

Thanks Clutch.

Very interesting comment when the reporter asked about Lin playing point guard. His words were definitely carefully chosen.

3. gate470

gate470 Rookie

Yeah, I noticed that too.

4. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Clutch did you upload them through your phone?

5. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

No he uploaded them through his potato.

jks jks. Great videos Clutch.

6. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

@Jonathan_Feigen: Lin on if expected to go back in."I seem to be allergic to 4th 1/4s these days so I didn't know what to expect. They told us to stay ready."

Don't think Lin is happy. Lowry 2.0!!

7. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

LOL @ lin saying he seemed to be allergic to playing 4th quarters recently.

8. MartianMan

MartianMan Contributing Member

I wonder if Asik is happy with his minutes. He seems to get yanked quickly as well since Mchale likes small line-ups. He's just lucky we don't have a good backup center so Mchale has no choice.

9. mclawson

mclawson Member

I didn't count to be certain, but it felt like Greg Smith said as many words in his 1:14 and Lin did in his 5:43.

10. LivinLikeLarry

I like Smith's comment about wearing down Harris and making him tired by using a physical style of play. That is the mentality of a true POWER forward.

Clearly power forward is Smith's natural position. He straight up over powered Harris tonight on offense, and this was some of the best defense I have ever seen Smith play. He was able to keep position down low, and also come out and challenge the long range shots Harris took.

Once Harden and Parsons are back though, I question if he will be moved back to second string C to open up the floor spacing?

11. borednsleepy

borednsleepy Member

I can understand why the reporters always pick Lin for interview. Structured and positive.

12. muas2010

muas2010 Member

What Lin is thinking and saying is exactly like what a lot of LOF have been saying/thinking all along.:grin:

13. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That was unexpectedly candid. I think a lot of people are underrating the training camp/pre-season process. Going through that together should do a WORLD of good for the chemistry between Harden and Lin.

14. kwongadong

kwongadong Member

"I seem to be allergic to 4th quarters these days so I wasn't sure what to expect." LOL @jlin

15. roxxy

roxxy Member

I wonder about this a lot as well. I really hope McHale plays Omer as many minutes as possible in the post season. We will really need him.

16. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

That was as candid as I have seen Lin all season, comments about playing as THE PG, and the tongue in cheek "allergic of the 4th quarter". He's happy cause this was exactly the type of game he likes to play and excels in, lots of pick and rolls, dishing to bigs off the drive, and tough defense.

17. bbsuser

bbsuser Member

I agree, but I do see there's a possibility that Jeremy might not be a rocket next season.

18. sophiaaa19

sophiaaa19 Member

Yeah, I don't think I've ever seen Lin this open with his comments, very interesting to see how he approaches and sees these types of games where he's leading offense

19. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

Good job Jlin!

TY Clutch.

20. roxxy

roxxy Member

I didn't really get that vibe at all.

But anyway, I don't understand why people automatically assume that you need a stretch 4 for spacing purposes for Lin & harden to have those driving lanes. But there is a lot more to spacing than shooting 3's. Body movement, setting screens, offensive rebounds etc can all contribute to spacing.