1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

OJ Mayo....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 713, Apr 16, 2012.

Tags:
  1. 713

713 Member

Will be a free agent this offseason... all star caliber potiental...was suppose to be the next gen SG coming out of highschool. I believe on the right team with the right coaches he could unlock his true potential and be a superstar in this league.

Thoughts?

2. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

3. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

I would love him. He'd be an awesome future SG for the Rockets.

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

5. alethios

alethios Member

He's a restricted FA. If we don't retain Dragic and can package Martin in a trade, he would be good addition, but Grizzlies can always match what we offer.

6. Rockets_Fan15

Rockets_Fan15 Rookie

I'd rather get Eric Gordon.

7. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

[​IMG]

8. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

No thanks. Would rather keep Lee.

9. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Not a fan, but the Mayo situation is something to keep an eye on.
    Like Feigen said on the radio the other day, Memphis is one of those teams the Rockets are hoping to take advantage of (more precisely their cap situation).

Will the Grizzlies let just Mayo walk for nothing or will they commit even more salary by re-signing Mayo? The same goes for Speights and Arthur.

If they do re-sign him, would they be open to trading one of their big 3 (Gasol :))? Probably not. But it's certainly something to keep track of.

10. eman

eman Contributing Member

We do need to upgrade our 2 & 4. Not sure Mayo is the rx. Maybe. We will see... Hoping Llull, Moti, and/or picks suffice.

11. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Do they even have the space to do so? I can morey swiping him at a reasonable price. He can create his own shot which is something we don't have much of here.

12. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I'd be more willing to trade a protected 1st rounder for Mayo, than I was for T-Will... so, sure! On the cheap, why not?

13. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

Would love OJ....I have him on my 2k12 team and he's a boss.

14. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

I've realized that I don't like any SG on our roster. So bring in whoever, **** it.

15. arjun

arjun Member

OJ Mayo has been on a tear recently....he would be a great pick up...unfortunetly I'm sure some team will out bid us for him...I'd pay around 8 million for him as long as we can get rid of Kmart somehow..

16. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

This guy looked like a future all-star after his rookie year. I haven't seen such a promising young player drop off so fast. It's not just his decreased role making him look bad, something is wrong. He shows flashes of talent, but most of the game does nothing.

17. Sen89

Sen89 Member

OJ is in a tough spot in Memphis, where he doesn't get to play his game, nor get the minutes/touches he deserves. His stats are misleading in that sense - this guy has star potential.

The issue is that he needs the ball to create. In other words, he's better suited to play beside Lowry (who is less ball-dominant), than beside Dragic.

I'd love for us to go after him - but only if we opened up a starting spot for him. The last thing I want to see is us invest a lot of $$$ in him, and not give him a proper opportunity to succeed.

18. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Hollins never liked him. He is largely an afterthought in the offense, and rarely gets the chance to get in rhythm (like he did in his first year/two).

Most of his shots are bad shots in Memphis' offense, as he's the "bailout" guy. Strangely enough, he succeeds whenever the ball gets put in his hands, but Hollins always takes it back away.

19. Dei

Dei Member

Undersized. Wouldn't be much of an upgrade, if at all, from Lee. Dump Kevin Martin and hope we get another Chandler Parsons at the 2.

20. solid

solid Contributing Member

Needs a new team, maybe us. We need all the help we can get.